Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

$5.99 Prime Rib Roast at ALDI

Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 4,449
Just bought two choice bone prime rib roast for $5.99 per pound at ALDI.  HyVee is selling select at $7.99 per pound.  I thought it was a  good deal.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,482
    Nice buy...really can't wait to see a cross section!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,269
    Good deal-will have to give them a look.  Enjoy the groceries.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Picking up a couple myself this weekend 
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,529
    I'm seriously thinking about grabbing one or two to grind up for chili...wonder how that would work...as rib eye typically has good marbling. Any thoughts? 
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,482
    RRP said:
    I'm seriously thinking about grabbing one or two to grind up for chili...wonder how that would work...as rib eye typically has good marbling. Any thoughts? 
    Ribeye chili sounds awesome...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ToxarchToxarch Posts: 1,742
    Nice price. But wouldn't that be a Choice Ribbon Roast?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,915
    am i the only one to see the cooking directions on the label ;)
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 2,985
    Directions?

I think have heard of them before......
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------
  • ToxarchToxarch Posts: 1,742
    Most every package of uncooked meat I buy that didn't come from the butcher says cook to 160 on it. Lawyers came up with that.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 28,387
    Welcome to America!  They don't do that, generally, in Europe.

Food supply here has historically been crappier, lawyers better. 

• Nice purchase. The cook to 160ºF is the result of needle tenderizing I think. Surface bacteria can be "spread" into the interior, so cook to oblivion to ensure all the nasties are dead. Seldom followed advice on a rib roast, I'd bet. 

Was shopping this morning and saw a number of US cars in the Safeway parking lot. Talked to a guy at the meat counter, he was buying AAA rib roast (same as US Choice) for $6.49CDN, or about $4.85US per pound. Cross border in reverse.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,529
    Must be a regional thing. I went to our Aldi today for the first time and the meat selection was quite limited and there were no prime rib roasts. One thing that surprised me were the dozens and dozens of HUGE Butterball brand turkeys. I don't think there was a one under 28 pounds and at $1.69 a pound that wasn't a great bargain - no wonder they still had so many!
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL