Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats on your plate for Turkey Day? favorite sides and dessert

Options
Sides...  dressing w/ cranberry sauce, creamed corn, sweet potato casserole w/ pecan topping, deviled eggs
Dessert.... pound cake or pie(pecan or lemon... aw shoot both)
STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
 & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

Comments

• ThrillSeeker
    Options

Sides?  Pile on the dressing w/ cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole w/ marshmallow topping, turnip greens, macaroni and cheese, a couple of rolls, and some cold potato salad.

Dessert?  2 shots of vodka mixed into whatever mixer is in the fridge.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Turkey, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, stuffing, homemade noodles, pie

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dressing, Scalloped Corn, Green Bean Casserole made with french cut green beans, Candied Sweet Potatoes, mashed potatoes and Gravy, and Pistachio Jello Dessert.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I do a family favorite asparagus casserole and scalloped taters. We also side with Bloody Mary's with great frequency. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Lots of beer.  My extended family is unbearable.  Only show up for Grandma.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Homemade cornbread dressing, mac-n-cheese, broccoli n cheese casserole, rice, cranberry/apple casserole, peas, green beans, corn, pickles, celery and pimento cheese, deviled eggs, pound cake, pecan pie, german chocolate pie 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Oyster casserole and a pumpkin dessert I have made for years.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Cornbread dressing, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, monkey bread, did I say cornbread dressing. A couple of bourbon chocolate pecan pies. 
    Oh, spatchcocked turkey and a naked ham. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Basil Hayden that has had half a vanilla bean for 4 months. 1 large cube of ice. Lots and lots of wine. And, like, I dunno, something made with potatoes, or something. Broccoli?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • smokeybreeze
    Options
    We (5 of us) had many plates yesterday - we did an 8+ hour 7 course classic French feast. Lots of conversation and laughter and wine.

I baked a few loaves of baguettes from dough that I let ferment overnight. Then I made 4 dozen Gougeres while I served L'Aperitif.

Course 1 - L'Aperitif
    Goose Liver Pate, Cornichons paired with a Monbuzillac

Course 2 - L'Entre
    Steak TarTar, Proscuitto, Dried Sausage/Salami, Gougeres paired with a Muscadet

Course 3 - Le Plat Principal
    Coq Au Vin (Made the day prior, then refrigerated to skim off fat, and reheated Thursday morning) paired with a Cote du Rhone and a Burgundy

After the Coq Au Vin, I made an Endive and Watercress salad with Apple, Tarragon, Chive, and toasted almonds. This had a Shallot, White Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Heavy Whipping Cream Vinegrette dressing. The salad was paired with a Chenin Blanc.

Course 4 - Le Fromage
    Comte, Burrata, Jarlsburg, Montemore, Brie, and a buttery creamy Red <something> cheese. This course also had Cashews and Mixed Nuts, Grapes, Dates, Dried Apricots, sliced Pears, and sliced Apples. This course was paired with two different Proseccos and Toad Hollow Risque.

Course 5 - Le Dessert
    Freshly made the day prior Creme Brulee but we charred the sugar right before serving. This course blended with the next course.

Course 6 - Le Cafe
    Double Espressos

Course 7 - Le Digestif
    A snort of VSOP Cognac for all.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    @smokeybreeze , that spread makes me wish I were normal, or an extrovert!

However, I'm a severe introvert, and continue to perfect my Thanksgiving For One:
    The turkey breast I bought actually had an envelope of gravy enclosed, so that was taken care of.  Cooking half a box of Stovetop Stuffing™ was just enough to soak up that gravy.  I've given up on Green Bean Casserole, which I love but sucks as leftover, its just a goupy yucky glop when reheated.  
    Tried Crescent Rolls from Pilsbury, once I corrected the error in the directions the rest were fine, and kept okay for leftovers (reheat in microwave).  
    I love Pecan Pie, got a great one, and it keeps for days, without refrigeration; excellent dessert!  
    (never got into cranberries)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month