Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overnight Dizzy Pig brisket

Options
Phatchris
Phatchris Posts: 1,726
14# CAB packer rubbed with red eye and cow lick

250ish RW lump and oak

20 hours foiled at 165 to speed up

very good cook

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Great cook, sir.  Looks like there was a lot of brisket cooks this weekend.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Phatchris
    Options
    Thanks, definitely one of my better brisket cooks... Tons of leftovers though as there were only two of us eating...
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Man that looks good !!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Phatchris
    Options
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    20 hours. Wow. That's a long time and it was still only 165!  Way to stay with it and dig it out!!!  Looks awesome!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Phatchris
    Options
    20 hours. Wow. That's a long time and it was still only 165!  Way to stay with it and dig it out!!!  Looks awesome!!!
    Sorry it was 20 total, it hit 165 probably 16 hours in. Then I foiled and bumped the egg to 300-325.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Impressive cook, beautiful results. Leftover brisket makes great nachos, vegetable beef soup, chili, sammies, fajitas, and so many more delicious foods to enjoy.
    Great presentation.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Phatchris
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @YukonRon

Thanks. I just found 2014 Conundrum red for $15... Really good wine at that price point.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    @YukonRon

Thanks. I just found 2014 Conundrum red for $15... Really good wine at that price point.
    Great wine at that price point. My Beautiful Wife loves the white during the summer. 
    Congrats on the super buy!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky