Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Polar bear coolers 2 for 1 sale

I ordered several coolers last year, great gifts plus these are great coolers.  

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    This is a great deal for a great product-if in the market (or not even).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Thanks for sharing.  Christmas presents!!!!!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Thanks for the heads up. What size is your recommendation?
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited November 2016
    Yes sir just got the email.
    I passed out 6 of these last year. I use mine all the when we travel. The 6 is a bit small, the 12 is good in the truck for day trips. But I use mostly 16 oz water in mine.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thanks for the heads up. What size is your recommendation?

I got 4 of the 12 packs last year for presents.  I bought the 6 pack this summer for my motorcycle.  these are great coolers for the $$

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    My son and I each got a 24 last year thanks to this sale.  We love them.  Even when full it is very easy to carry so I use mine a lot.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    edited November 2016
    I have the 24 and if you plan for day use only I would go with the 12's.  But it clearly is driven by your anticipated demand signal.  Great quality and price point.
    Edit: as a sign of the pull of this site-just ordered 2 12's.  At least it's less than 3 digits to the left of the decimal point.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I really like their H2o series but they never include them in sales anymore.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Question for you guys that have these for sizing.  

I'm looking for a soft pack that will fit in between the front and rear seats for traveling so I don't have to get items only when we're stopped some where.  

We typically pack 3-4 16.9 oz Diet Sunkist, 3-4 waters, some cut up fruit, and some water bottles filled with milk for my little girl.  

I was looking at getting the RTIC soft packs, but these appear to do a great job too and a better cost.  I don't need to be that cool here.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Damn what a deal. I've had a PB for a few years now and they're every bit as good as yeti. 
  • Hotch
    Question for you guys that have these for sizing.  

I'm looking for a soft pack that will fit in between the front and rear seats for traveling so I don't have to get items only when we're stopped some where.  

We typically pack 3-4 16.9 oz Diet Sunkist, 3-4 waters, some cut up fruit, and some water bottles filled with milk for my little girl.  

I was looking at getting the RTIC soft packs, but these appear to do a great job too and a better cost.  I don't need to be that cool here.  
    The 12 is good or  about 8 of the 16.9 bottles. This is what we use. Hope this helps.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I got a 12 last year and it's a real PITA to get things in and out of it. I really wanted to like it but I'm not a fan.
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2016
    @Lit -  easier if you unzip it first...  =)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Lit said:
    I got a 12 last year and it's a real PITA to get things in and out of it. I really wanted to like it but I'm not a fan.
    Thanks for mentioning that. I like the way the RTIC softside coolers open as opposed to Yeti. Polar Bear looks similar to Yeti.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Do these leak water when the ice melts? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Hotch
    Do these leak water when the ice melts? 
    No
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2016
    @milesvdustin -  only when you do the inverted move but there is a disclaimer that it only happens when the top is open.  Hope this helps.
    Edit: top open means you unzipped it.
  • How would one of the 24 co the rtic softpak 30?

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Anyone tried the backpack? Are they comfortable? How much do they hold?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Toxarch said:
    @Toxarch I haven't seen the backpack cooler in person, but it is a smaller than the 24 can cooler (24 can = 10" x 18" x 12", backpack = 18x12x7).  The 24 will easily hold 24 cans plus a bag of ice.  I would guess the back pack would hold 15-18 cans with ice. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Do these fold flat, or are they rigid?
  • I am considering getting rid of my yeti roadie and getting one of these or a rtic softpak. Thoughts? 

• Hotch
    edited November 2016
    fruitguy said:
    No they don't fold flat. But once you close the zipper the ends fold down and square it up for carry or travel. But not required to do so. I do like that the handles come together and  with a velco wrap around.
    Here is the 6 open and closed

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Do these leak water when the ice melts? 
    If the cooler falls over it will leak through the zipper. Granted, it's not going to pour out, but depending on how much melted ice you have in the cooler, it will leak. We normally use the Arctic Ice or frozen water bottles to avoid the melted ice issue.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg

Toxarch said:
    I have one of the H2o backpacks. I like it. It has a small footprint because of the shape so it will fall over easy. I have never used ice cubes in it. Just frozen water bottles and Arctic Ice so leaking when laying on it's side is ok.
    The shape is great for meat shopping. Ribs and brisket easily fit.
    We took it Turks and Caicos stuffed full of frozen meat and cheese and it was awesome. As @Hotch said above, it's sized at 18 pack. So it falls between the 12 and 24 in the standard coolers. The straps are fairly comfortable. The smaller opening means a little more digging for smaller items as the cooler is tall and narrow.
    I wish I would have shot a photo and took weight measurement of what we had jammed in it, but didn't. I bought mine a few years ago on the same half off sale. I do like the zipper, open top of the RTIC better. Softer foods such as sandwiches and jello shots get crushed fairly easy in my polar bear coolers because of the shape. I normally always keep the polar bear 24 or the backpack in my car at all times. Never know when that great deal pops up in the meat market.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokeyPitt
    fruitguy said:
    They can fold somewhat flat.  They are not rigid but they are really thick material. You can fold it like a paper grocery sack but it will still be about 3 inches thick. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Once again you farkers have cost me money. Damn it. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    @Photo Egg I also keep one in my vehicle at all times. This is a really good tip. I keep it behind my seat and I use it all the time.  Even if I am just grabbing a 6 pack it works well to keep it from rolling around in the vehicle and will keep them cold for the ride home. 

• Hotch
    And out of sight!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX