Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures from our outstanding USA Road Trip Part 2 - Yellowstone

Options
Stormbringer
Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
As promised in the first post, the next set of shots from Yellowstone.

First some wildlife and then scenery shots ... lots of them. We managed to see a coyote a long way off in the distance, it was captured using 24-1200 equivalent (50x digital zoom) with a pouncing on it's prey. The bear shots were at a similar, long, distance, taken with a 150-600 zoom.

I'll close with the funniest thing we heard on our holiday. Someone asked a park ranger "when does the park close?". He paused, and glanced around at the stunning natural beauty surrounding us, responding with "never sir, we're open 24 x 7".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Great pics. I love that place. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    My goodness.  great pictures
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Just incredible. The wildlife in Yellowstone and its abundance is something you just don't see anywhere else!!!!  So absolutely incredible. 

Amazing pictures. Really and seriously talented. Those are as stunning as they get right there. 

Did you by any chance make it over to the Grand Tetons while you were there? Please say yes as I would die to see pictures of there again!!!!  One of my favorite places. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful place.......and beautiful photography. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Can I ask when you went? My wife wanted to go so I scheduled our trip for early august next year. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful place.......and beautiful photography. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    These images are gold. This is one of the most fascinating places on earth. I will always be drawn back there. Not that you would ever need advise on photography, and this is certainly not it, the best image I have ever captured in my life was "Old Faithful" looking west at sunset from about 200 M away. That was well before digital photography and just a quick, last picture of the day, using no set up, purely accidental.
    Thank you for sharing. Love these.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @tikigriller - we did get to the Tetons, however it was literally the day that the road had been opened after the Berry Fire had devastated a large chunk of the North. The air was acrid with smoke and there were still patches of ground smouldering at the side of the road. A stark, desolate and unforgettable visage of the destructive power of nature. I'll see if I can dig out a couple of pictures.

@bhedges1987 - we went in September this year, middle two weeks. Kids had gone back to school, weather turning a little but still everything was accessible. It was fairly crowded around the Grand Loop, but the Lamar Valley was quiet. By that I mean it was rare to see another car. Next year we are there early June.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    @stormbringer That's wild.....when I went to Yellowstone, is was right after the last large fire they dealt with back in the 90's I believe, and yes, to see that much natural devastation is so hard to view, however, when you see how the same landscape looks as of today, you sure can appreciate and understand the cruelty and beauty that Nature goes through to provide us with the awe inspiring visions it does throughout our lifetimes!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California