Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In The Style Of The Southwest

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited September 2016 in EggHead Forum
We quite obviously have a love for Southwestern food.  We try to keep both of our family's traditions alive and in the process we've made some of our own traditions.  @HuskerMaMa made roasted Hatch Green Chile sauce smothered burritos with sides. 

Saturday
Here's the last bushel of New Mexico Green Chile.  We had them shipped from Diaz Farms in Deming, NM.  These are of the Big Jim variety and are beautiful Christmas Chile. 

Living in Florida can sometimes make it difficult to obtain different products. But, we've done pretty well this season. Onto the roasting pics using the MM....
Side note....we have decided against the chile LP gas roaster and will continue doing it the way we have for several years now. I've got much more proficient and they didn't take much more than 2-2.5 hrs for 40# including prep. 

Here they are peeled just before we portioned & vacuum saved them. Some of these were over 15"-17" and meaty would be an understatement. 

Sunday
Meaty Big Jim Chile Rellenos atop a red chile meat & bean sauce, Spanish rice and tortillas. These were made by @HuddleHouseCook & @HuskerMaMa
I think I may have licked my plate clean. 

Thanks for looking.
Blake
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments