Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2016 Roll Call

Options
OK, we are getting close.......  Who is coming this year and who is going to be cooking?

I know that @BigGreenCraig will be there.  @MeatChurch as well.

This will be my first one, so I am looking forward to see all of yall that I can.  Look for the "Buffalo" t-shirt and you'll find me!  That's all I'm gonna say!!!!  And no, I am not "The Buffalo", but I did get warned earlier on.......

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• MeatChurch
    Options
    I'll def be there. I'll be in a culinary tent cooking some killer steaks with beef from the amazing E3 Meat Co (Adam Laroche).

I'm demo-ing at 1:30 as well. Stop by and say hello!
    XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Matt (@MeatChurch) I just missed out on being one of BGE's volunteers for your cook a little while back.  I look forward to trying what you're cooking.  And is that the same Adam as the baseball player????

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• MeatChurch
    Options
    Matt (@MeatChurch) I just missed out on being one of BGE's volunteers for your cook a little while back.  I look forward to trying what you're cooking.  And is that the same Adam as the baseball player????
    Yessir! 
    XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Yessir! 

You need to bring him along!  He's got some great ties to ATL!

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    We will be there. We've been hitting the test kitchen hard and I'm pretty stoked with the outcome. See you there!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I will be cooking as well, we have 5 Eggs and plenty of Bourbon in the group.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I need a sample and a shot!  See ya there buddy! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I need a sample and a shot!  See ya there buddy! 
    I'll have both for you, probably a couple shots!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    @Jrwhitee - sounds like a good way to cook to me! 

• Loubo83
    Options
    I will be there with @R2Egg2Q.  This will be our first trip to EGGtoberfest.  BTW, we will also be at the Friday evening Meet & Greet.  Hope to see many of the Eggheads there at Stone Mountain!
    Weber Summit Charcoal Grill, Weber Smokey Mountain, LBGE, MiniMax and Mini
    Hyattsville, MD (Washington DC Metro Area)
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Loubo83 said:
    I will be there with @R2Egg2Q.  This will be our first trip to EGGtoberfest.  BTW, we will also be at the Friday evening Meet & Greet.  Hope to see many of the Eggheads there at Stone Mountain!
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy the event!
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    I am there but need one more ticket so SWMBO can come as well
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    Im there with the wife and kid in tow. Cant wait. I wonder how parking will be? We are staying at the stone mountain inn and it looks like we should be able to walk to the event. Cant wait to meet everyone as this will be my first eggfest
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    Im there with the wife and kid in tow. Cant wait. I wonder how parking will be? We are staying at the stone mountain inn and it looks like we should be able to walk to the event. Cant wait to meet everyone as this will be my first eggfest
    Yes, the inn is across the street from the parking lots and the "Laser Lawn" where the event has been held in the past. 

Hope me to run into ya there!

• F3DAWG
    Options
    My wife and I are looking forward to it.
    Summerville, SC
  • intoran
    Options
    I'm coming with the wife and 2 kids in tow.  Looking forward to our first Eggfest.  Staying at the campground as well.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    intoran said:
    I'm coming with the wife and 2 kids in tow.  Looking forward to our first Eggfest.  Staying at the campground as well.

The campground is on the backside of the park near my old neighborhood!  Camped there once in scouts and it was a great place to camp.  They've made tons of upgrades in the 30+ years since I was there.....

• flyflinger
    Options
    I'm cooking with family and friends (total four cooks) plus the M&G on Friday.

We'll set up one EGG for smoking and the second for straight baking, I'm keeping the recipes simple. Next year, we may ramp it up a bit.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and kamado enthusiasts! 

(@BigGreenCraig you know me as LRJ on the Kamado Guru forum).  ;) 
  • MaC122
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I bought a buffalo shirt as well so that I could pay my respect to the @The_Buffalo . We should all walk around with buffalo shirts, that way we know who is on the forums.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Lucky people.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    I bought a buffalo shirt as well so that I could pay my respect to the @The_Buffalo . We should all walk around with buffalo shirts, that way we know who is on the forums.
    You're gonna love mine!

• Jcacavias
    Options
    I'll be there and bringing some friends this year as well.  Looking forward to it!
  • fljoemon
    Options
    I won the 2 free tickets .. so will be there with my cousin. See y'all there!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    OK, I made it off the cooks waitlist onto the cooks list.  So will be there.  Easy to find so come by and say hello--tiger paw  apron and orange balloons (hopefully they don't get popped tonight--go tigers).  Now got to work on menu,  probably shrimp n grits and some ABTs glazed with hot pepper raspberry chipotle sauce.  
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I'm right there with ya @fljoemon with the giveaway tickets. 

@smokintiger81 - I hope y'all can beat Louisville. I hated playing them back when I was at Southern Miss. 

• MaC122
    Options
    This storm better not muck thing up
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options

I will be there with the wife and kids and couldn't be more excited.  I have cooked at two eggfests in Indiana and excited to attend one and try everything.  We will be wandering around in Purdue Gear, please say hello. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Kent8621 said:

I will be there with the wife and kids and couldn't be more excited.  I have cooked at two eggfests in Indiana and excited to attend one and try everything.  We will be wandering around in Purdue Gear, please say hello. 

Boiler up!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Our group will be down. Time to start the packing precheck list. 

Cooler of drinks: check
    Full tank: check 
    Kroger bag with change of clothes: check
    Online search to ensure no outstandingg warrants in the state of GA: check

Alright, let's do this!!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Hope some of you all will be posting pictures 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf