Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

100 Day Dry Aged Beef Project

Options
13»

Comments

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    I didn't need a detector. 

;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ok, so to be clear.  Leave the dark on, no trimming, grill, and eat it all?  Take from fridge, slice into steaks, grill, eat?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
     Don't know how I missed this first time around!  
    Brother Dyal, I missed it as well. In my defense my forum time has been very limited for the past few months. This is a very busy time of the year for me. Between work, the Blue Lodge, Scottish Rites, York Rites, and now the Shrine, I am just about on the run night and day. 
    With that said, great post brother Double and brother Brent. Such dedication to the craft warrants the SOP. As such:

Well done fellows :clap:
    Are you a member of, I'll sound silly asking because I know nothing about any of this stuff, -- but the "hobbit" shire or something?   Elevensies?
    Options
    Ohhh...."shrine".  damn dyslexia.  Nevermind.

Image result for nevermind rosana

Options

Yep, I finally broke down and joined JOPPA Shrine. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:

Yep, I finally broke down and joined JOPPA Shrine. 
    Sweet.  Do they let non-muzlims in that club?  Pretty cool they are diverse.
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Great thread. I just dont even know what to say. 
    For interested folk my friend, it's more about what to ask if interested.  Who isn't tired of  @Darby_Crenshaw and his rants! ;)
    What rants?

find me a rant where I don't explain myself fully and ask the right questions or admit that I don't know something. 

I just got admonished by RRP for "sparring" re umai bags when i GUARANTEE you that there has been no one here who has offered more positive opinion for the things those bags do right than I have. I explain their benefits for extended aging, the way the dey differently than open air, why you might choose one over the other...

have you evwr heard anyone else explain how they work and why you might prefer them? Other than "I don't know what's happening or why, but the wife likes things wrapped in plastic, so i buy them to **** her up" 

everyone stops at "it keeps the wife from bitching". Because even they don't understand them, what they do, how they work. I recommended them tonight openly to a guy. And yet their forum mod calls me on the carpet for "sparring" 

just here to learn and to push the understanding of the three or four things i care about

Someone says something stupid, it needs to be slapped back into the trash

for example. Find the threads i have started about how to cook a perfect brisket. Zero. And I don't weigh in. I don't speculate (unless i say i am guessing or use the word 'maybe')

there are a sh!tload more vocal ranters here who never get called out on their opinion (vs fact) based cr^p

also, eff steven 

Just joking, I think you know brother  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga