Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Diamond plate and some lamb-

Options
I had a rack of lamb in the queue for today and my De Beer's diamond plate is still around so below are a couple of pics.  Hadn't cook at the direct level in a while and things move quickly even with a lower lump load.  Also did some roasted garlic just to ensure a night on the couch  ;)  (BTW- I can't solve the randomness of the pic rotation-beyond my skill-set.)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nicely done Cap!!  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That is a delicious looking plate right there. All these lamb cooks are starting to wear me down. I need to do a rack soon.
    Stillwater, MN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Bam!  Never seen a wooden diamond plate.  That's mike drop stuff right there @lousubcap.  Looks great.

How do you eat the roasted garlic?

With the pics, if you load them one at a time instead of a batch they will go in the order you want.

Phoenix 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Great looking meal and a beautiful wood plate! 
    Snellville, GA

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Here here. Agree I need to do rack of lamb also!  Fine work. And no matter how i turn my plate I can't make it into a diamond!  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Thanks for that bit of info on posting pics in order @blasting I am in the same boat as Cap on this one. 
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Mattman3969 -  I am here to give you full props for the diamond plate.  After a long day I find myself a bit conflicted about which way to achieve the correct look (the rotation thing). That said,  you can definitely get the flavor enhancement from the plate  ;)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @blasting -I load them individually.  The problem is that sometimes my neanderthal phone will decide (on its own) to rotate the image.  I can then edit the rotation and save it but when it ends up getting downloaded it has mind of its own.
    I usually inhale the garlic with some thin sliced french bread but tonight I just mingled with the potatoes.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That lamb looks perfect!!  Great plate Cap!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited September 2016
    Options
    blind99 said:

no matter how i turn my plate I can't make it into a diamond!  

@blind99 It doesn't work with round plates, no matter how you turn them.

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    For sheer greatness my friend:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DieselkW
    Options
    When I read "diamond plate" I thought of the decking on my old ship, stainless steel with little raised 'diamonds' for traction were normal below decks where I worked.
    I expected to see lamb cooked on a section of diamond deck.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @DieselkW -  maybe next time-and I am quite familiar with the diamond plate you speak about  ;)