Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Gatlinburg

Options
Gonna be spending a few days in Gatlinburg (never been before) and was looking for restaurant recommendations. Thanks!
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    edited September 2016
    Options

I really enjoy the "Chop House."  Their steaks are decent, they have a pretty good seafood alfredo dish, and the portions are pretty generous. 

They sell their steak rub at the restaurant as well.  It's not the "traditional" steak rub w/ big hunks of peppercorn and kosher salt.

Dinner for two and drinks will set you back $60-$100.

Don't forget to check out the Lodge store while you're there.  They usually have some pretty good deals on cast iron.  Plus it's right next to the knife store and the tool store.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The Applewood Farmhouse is pretty good. They have some great apple fritters with apple butter. Very farm style. 

There are tons of tourist traps so spend some time doing some research. 

Enjoy your trip! 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    For bar food, the blue moose in pigeon forge

on another note, check out All Sauced Up for a wide variety of rubs and sauces. Try the Reaper salsa sparingly. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    We rented a cabin in Piegon Forge a while back.  I did some research on restaurants before hand.  As noted above, there are some serious tourist traps there.  

We went to The Chop House and liked it a lot.  The Apple Barn was really good.  Their apple butter and fritters are sofa king good.  I bought a case of the apple butter for our use and gifts.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    They're are several moonshine places up there now too. Haven't been, but they often have live music. Some folks I know have enjoyed it. We go up several times a year, but usually eat at the moose after a day in the parks. 

There is a Cuban joint in PF that is run by some guys who barely speak English. It's pretty good too. 

the big meal there is breakfast. Check out the various pancake houses. 
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker @Big_Green_Craig @theyolksonyou @tarheelmatt appreciate yalls recommendations! I'll keep this thread handy for when we get there. Also appreciate the heads up on the scams. Will keep an eye out. 
    Cumming, GA  

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Recommend the Apple Barn as well.  But get there early as it gets a wait real quick!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    They're are several moonshine places up there now too. Haven't been, but they often have live music. Some folks I know have enjoyed it
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    I haven't been to this place but it looks legit with a great view. The Restaurant at Buckberry Creek. 

• northGAcock
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hate to mention it....but I believe there is a Lodge Factory Outlet Store up that way also.....take yourself some extra money.  =)

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I gotta say I spent a lot of time up there in college and still travel up that way every now and then...never been "wowed" by a culinary experience. There are some good breakfast places. A lot of tourist trap type places in Pigeon Forge area. 

There me is a little brewery type place up there I remember being good for a lunch beer and a pizza...pretty sure it was called Smokey Mountain Brewery. 

Have fun. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• fence0407
    Options
    Hate to mention it....but I believe the is a Lodge Factory Outlet Store up that way also.....take yourself some extra money.  =)
    Oh the possibilities! 
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    I haven't been to this place but it looks legit with a great view. The Restaurant at Buckberry Creek. 

That does look nice thanks!
    Cumming, GA  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Hate to mention it....but I believe the is a Lodge Factory Outlet Store up that way also.....take yourself some extra money.  =)
    Oh the possibilities! 
    That may or may not be on Teaster Lane in Pigeon Forge close to the Nike clearance center and across from the big old time pottery. 

Meat least that's what I've heard.  :s
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    Bull Fish is pretty good if I recall.   Some of the best bread/rolls evah.   We are going back in November just for the rolls ;) 
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    They're are several moonshine places up there now too. Haven't been, but they often have live music. Some folks I know have
    enjoyed it

You know you can make this at home!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • northGAcock
    Options
    They're are several moonshine places up there now too. Haven't been, but they often have live music. Some folks I know have
    enjoyed it

I hear all that copper is expensive. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    enjoyed it

Plus a hundred pounds of yeast. Imagine opening all those tiny packets.  
  • fence0407
    Options
    enjoyed it

May or may not have a jar that came from a small back road in Dahlonega..
    Cumming, GA  

• johnkitchens
    Options

Buying in bulk greatly reduces cost : )

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tcracing
    Options
    I really enjoyed Peddler's Steak House.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    The Pancake Pantry for breakfast - actually pretty good.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Mayberry
    Options
    The Park Grill is the best restaurant in the area.   We eat there every time we are in the Smokies.   On the main strip in Gatlinburg, just outside the National Park.  
    If you've never been, while there, venture away from the redneckery and go explore inside the Park.   If you look inside the national park, it's one of the most beautiful things our nation has to offer.  Cades Cove at daybreak or dusk, Elkmont area for fishing, Clingman's Dome at sunset.    All are beautiful, breathtaking and historic.   I can't stand Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, but love the park.   We typically rent a cabin over toward Townsend and have a great, relaxing mountain vacation.  
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    +1 on @Possumtrot Pancake Pantry is the place for breakfast. 
  • fence0407
    Options
    Thanks @tcracing @Possumtrot @Mayberry and @GaBGE for the suggestions!
    Cumming, GA  

• northGAcock
    Options
    tcracing said:
    I really enjoyed Peddler's Steak House.
    There use to be one of those in my city....do they still cut your steak to customer size and sell by the ounce?

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this up, the wife and I are renting a cabin via VRBO this December. Bookmarking this thread. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • coomdaddy
    Options
    The Roaming Gnome if you find yourself in Pigeon Forge and you need to drink a beer and watch a game.  Sometimes, those pains just hit you.
  • JimLikesBigButts
    Options
    I would have to second "The Park Grill" or their sister restaurant "The Peddler". Smokey Mountain Brewery is also great for brews and pizza or wings. Ole Smokey Candy Store has a couple of store fronts for candy and taffy and they have a lot of creative flavors (about 10 or more) of 'shine at the Ole Smokey Brewery in Downtown Gatlinburg and the new Island area in Pigeon Forge. The Butterscotch flavor is very good and I am sure they will have a Pumpkin Spice flavor before long since is the season for all things pumpkin. A trip through Cades Cove can be enjoyable. You will see all types of deer, turkey and maybe even a bear or two. Harrah's Cherokee is about a 45 minute trip over the mountain and it is very scenic.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    I forgot about Park Grill until I read it above. Good stuff.