Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a method to frame a poster and hang outside......

Options
2»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,238
    Options
    Follow up for verification???? You've got the go ahead. Don't look back. Strike while the iron is hot. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Follow up for verification???? You've got the go ahead. Don't look back. Strike while the iron is hot. 
    Since returning from my own vacation...we have purchased a new bed and mattress. Now what I didn't think through very well is that means she needs (mine you needs) a new bed spread, sheets, recover the chairs in the room, curtains....and of course we spent the weekend painting the bedroom a new color. How dare me suggest that we buy something for the outdoor kitchen.....when we neeeeeedddd all of those things. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,238
    Options
    The wifey just bought a bunch of new bedroom fabric too. She does this about every two years. I've been keeping notes on my phone for when we have the "Michael wants a vertical cabinet smoker" conversation. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Am I on the thanking side, too? I thought my suggestion was most insightful. 
    Oh yeah Jeff....you are definitely on the thanking side. I appreciate good humor....in fact, you might say I am humoring @theyolksonyou 

You are one hate filled hippy. 
  • northGAcock
    edited September 2016
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Am I on the thanking side, too? I thought my suggestion was most insightful. 
    Oh yeah Jeff....you are definitely on the thanking side. I appreciate good humor....in fact, you might say I am humoring @theyolksonyou 

You are one hate filled hippy. 
    Ouch. 

• clemsontyger97
    Options
    Admit it.   It's this isn't it?   

--Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Tiger man.... You got me. 

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Glad to see that the original poster is not going outside. Weather and UV light would have destroyed it.

My suggestion was going to be go with the digital reproduction and then find a window place that would make a custom window for you. Have them make a window (no frame) and then put the poster inside. It would be gas filled and the edges sealed so you don't have to worry about the weather, moisture, fogging, mildew, etc. And the glass they use helps protect against UV light so less fading. Then you can frame it in whatever you like.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• northGAcock
    Options

Well fellas.....I ordered the outdoor art....arrived today and hung on the wall. .....thought it turned out ok. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Really...that poster was the bomb...
    At least hang a copy...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    How large is your poster?
    Is it replaceable?

The poster is 39 1/2 X 55 1/4 so it is rather large. It is a commercial poster (not for purchase) I got from a record store about 30 years ago....so not really. For you younger posters, we used to have to go to stores to purchase music on these venal disc called albums.

Wife would never let me hang it in the house as the kids were growing up (my daughter and son....not me) but has approved the outside. It's an old Grateful dead poster of one on there albums. Might actually have some value to it. 
    Take it to a frame shop, they will protect it with uV resistant glass. Water is killer, but uV will fade it fast.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't know if he could advise you on hanging a frame with posters, or advertisements, but the swimmer Ryan Lochte would be great for testing if it is secure after mounting. You may need to get him liquored up first.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Going back a bit, stopped by the frame shop to check on my poster. I have to change cars in order to fetch it home.

• northGAcock
    Options
    @Photo Egg @HeavyG I finally got this project finished. I appreciate all of your input....and you were both right. Thanks again.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    @Photo Egg @HeavyG I finally got this project finished. I appreciate all of your input....and you were both right. Thanks again.
    Looks great!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    I was going to say send it up here. We have a Mom and Pop frame shop 1 block from our home, that could have done it masterfully. Great place.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Looks good Clark. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.