Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Name that meat.

Options
My buddy gave me a rack of what he said was "pork ribs" but they are way more red than any pork ribs I have seen. Please, tell me that I am wrong in thinking these are beef ribs. What meat is this?
Large BGE Dallas, TX

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,123
    Options
    4 bones .... probably plate ribs off a cow.  If so, you are in for a treat.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @SGH can probably tell you the age of the animal and the butcher, plus hoof weight, skin color, and what part of the country it lived in.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bhugg
    bhugg Posts: 317
    Options
    Cooking suggestions?
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Salt, pepper, 250 for 8hrs + ..... cook till probe or toothpick pushes through like butter.

Its just like cooking a brisket.  I prefer beef ribs to brisket.
  • BGnogin
    Options
    Those look like beef back ribs.  It is the bones from a ribeye.  In the past I have cooked them with salt and pepper, for 5 hours or so, sauce at the end.