Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just grilled stuff, boring compared to the chefs on here.

Options
Another night with no kitchen. Fired up both eggs for filets for My Beauriful Wife and our daughter, who decided to visit, for the first time since she moved out. Manly sirloins for our son and I. Added potatoes and asparagus. Not an awful meal.Great meal,made even more wonderful with our children.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Looks fantastic, so what your saying is egged frozen pizza stops once your kids are no longer in elementary school?
  • CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    Nothing boring looking to me. In fact, it looks great.  And I do get that cooking it for your family makes it even better!  I hope they all enjoyed it.  
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks awesome! Love steak nights! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited August 2016
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Looks fantastic, so what your saying is egged frozen pizza stops once your kids are no longer in elementary school?
    Very true! That ship has sailed a few years back. Our 17 year old son, said it would be ok if we were to do this more often. The BGEs is all we have to cook with until our remodeled kitchen is done. Thank you for the kind words.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Great result as always, especially the presentation.  For a no kitchen operating room, you crank out some exceptional groceries.  BTW- workin' on your French?

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Save me a plate Ron!!  If that's boring I need more boring in my life.  Pretty plate my friend!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    N
    CharleyR said:
    Nothing boring looking to me. In fact, it looks great.  And I do get that cooking it for your family makes it even better!  I hope they all enjoyed it.  
    Thank you, I do ove my family, And I do love taking care of them. The BGE and a Thermapen makes me look like a hero. I will never tell.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    N
    Luvnlife said:
    Looking good!
    My Beautiful wife, no longer wishes to dine out. Instead, she loves to "entertain" meaning my butt outside preparing dinner on the BGE.
    I shall not complain, she brings me wine.
    Thank you sir for the kindness.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    N
    Hans61 said:
    Looks awesome! Love steak nights! 
    I do too. Build fire, soak brain, control burn on the Komodos, what could possibly go wrong?
    Thank you for th he kindness.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    @YukonRon the beauty of that is you don't have to wash dishes in the tub, I've lived through 2 kitchen remodels thus far...
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great result as always, especially the presentation.  For a no kitchen operating room, you crank out some exceptional groceries.  BTW- workin' on your French?

Oui! Had our first conference call, today. I had several years of french, and did the state department fast track immersion. I HUMILIATED myself and my cohorts today.
    Thank you for the kind words Cap, means a lot.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I see nothing but awesomeness. Not even in the same neighborhood as boring. Great job my friend!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Save me a plate Ron!!  If that's boring I need more boring in my life.  Pretty plate my friend!!
    Thank you for the kindness Brent. I WILL BE SO GLAD TO HAVE A KITCHEN! 2 weeks hopefully, I will say though, since we have been BGE exclusive, cooking fish, chicken and other lean cuts, most every night, my clothes are fitting better. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    I see nothing but awesomeness. Not even in the same neighborhood as boring. Great job my friend!
    Thank you sir. I see the meals you and others turn out, and my cooks look barely above cave manesque,in comparison. I appreciate the kindness, means a lot.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @YukonRon , if your clothes are fitting better then you have crossed a BGE threshold that has clearly evaded me.  I have experienced the total opposite-clothes much more body gripping (and that is not a pretty out-come) and no, I did not muscle up  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ron, you must be inhaling  too much of that construction dust. That is a beautiful plate of food. Carry on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon , if your clothes are fitting better then you have crossed a BGE threshold that has clearly evaded me.  I have experienced the total opposite-clothes much more body gripping (and that is not a pretty out-come) and no, I did not muscle up  ;)
    Well that, and no ice cream because we have no room for it, in my brisket container, my deep freeze. The other one. Thanks BGE.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    N
    Ron, you must be inhaling  too much of that construction dust. That is a beautiful plate of food. Carry on.
    I can tell you we will be inhaling much better in a couple weeks, my friend, thank you for the kind words.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looks good Ron. A fine meal served on paper is still a fine meal!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    Thank you for the kindness Brent. I WILL BE SO GLAD TO HAVE A KITCHEN! 2 weeks hopefully, I will say though, since we have been BGE exclusive, cooking fish, chicken and other lean cuts, most every night, my clothes are fitting better. 
    And having the sweet touch of smoke!  See ya soon.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Looks good Ron. A fine meal served on paper is still a fine meal!
    When our daughter moved out, she took all of our dishes with her. We wanted something different with the remodel anyway, we have new ones arriving the 26th.
    Thank you for the kind words my friend.
    How are the Dawgs looking this year?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Boring my a$$ - and even better with the kids home. Well done. Good luck with the remodel, just finished ours and now the landscaping begins....  Little better in life than muddy paw prints across the new kitchen and dining room floors
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Looks anything but boring! We remodeled our kitchen three years ago, wish we did it 20 years sooner. I'm sure yours will be great. btw, you must have done something right, our kids don't help with the cooking ;((
    canuckland
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with that my friend. Good food cooked simply for friends and loved ones beats a pretentious foo-foo meal any day.  
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Perfect meal in my book Ron.  Simple quality is hard to beat.
    Phoenix 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    feef706 said:
    @YukonRon the beauty of that is you don't have to wash dishes in the tub, I've lived through 2 kitchen remodels thus far...
    We do dishes in our basement utility sink. Mostly flatwear and wine glasses, and som bowls, and a lot of aluminum pans. Bless you for going through two. This house needs a bulldozer, but My Beautiful Wife loves it here, I have no idea why........

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    N
    da87 said:
    Boring my a$$ - and even better with the kids home. Well done. Good luck with the remodel, just finished ours and now the landscaping begins....  Little better in life than muddy paw prints across the new kitchen and dining room floors
    Thank you for the kind words, fortunately we have a small yard, in a very old neighborhood. It has some old growth canopy of trees, one of the few places like that in Louisville. A tremendous amount of shade, and this years tropical weather, has really helped the crab grass. At least it is green

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Looks anything but boring! We remodeled our kitchen three years ago, wish we did it 20 years sooner. I'm sure yours will be great. btw, you must have done something right, our kids don't help with the cooking ;((
    Thank you for the kindness. We knew when we downsized to this turn of the 20th century craftsman, there will need to be a lot work done. We have done a lot, and there is so much more to go. Our children are very cool kids, we are very fortunate. However, when dishes need to be done, you can't find them with a search warrant. Such is life.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

SciAggie said:
    I don't see anything wrong with that my friend. Good food cooked simply for friends and loved ones beats a pretentious foo-foo meal any day.  
    Thank you sir for the kindness. I used soysauce and fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion juice on the steaks.
    I used my wifes prep for the potatoes, which I must say, with the BGE, makes the best bakers, I have ever had. Simple wash, puncture once with a fork, rubbed in butter, sprinkled with seasalt. Asparagus, evoo and spog.
    Thank goodness I have two BGEs. It really has been much easier, than it could have been. As odd as it seems, we have been entertaining with meals for friends and family more during the remodel, because, they know we are using the egg every meal, and the visits just seem to coincide with meal time.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky