Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help @Thatgrimguy with his amazing endeavor

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
All -

Scott ( @thatgrimguy) would never ask, because that is the type of guy he is.

If you wish to donate to his attempt to feed most of Louisiana after the tragic floods they have experienced he has the ability to accept paypal donations.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1198409/cooking-for-1000-flood-victims#latest

If you PM me, or if more comfortable PM Scott we can provide you his paypal account info.

Again, Scott would never ask himself.  I approached him and asked if I could post this.  He begrudgingly agreed.  I know he has spent more than he intended.

This is not a tax right off or anything that fancy.  Just friends helping friends.

If you feel comfortable, then awesome.   If you just want to offer moral support that is awesome too.
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    PM sent-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys!

When you send the donation make sure to put your screen name in the notes so Scott knows who you are!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Done for now- depending on his endurance I may have to serve it up again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Sent!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Ozzie -PM sent to you as my iPad seems to be hanging me up trying to reach him. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I am answering the PM's as fast as I can.  If it takes me a minute, please hold tight.

I knew we had great folks on here, but I am amazed!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    well, it is Sat night and if we are on the forum then....  ;)
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Just sent a PM
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    If you guys & gals are worried about donations going over, this is not the first charity cook Scott has done.  I cannot speak for him, but I would bet my last dollar any money above and beyond will go directly to his next charity cook.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If you guys & gals are worried about donations going over, this is not the first charity cook Scott has done.  I cannot speak for him, but I would bet my last dollar any money above and beyond will go directly to his next charity cook.
    Totally agree. Money is in good hands with Scott. I'm all good with it going over and I hope it does.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Done. Thanks @Ozzie_Isaac. Bless you both   
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Good people helping good people help people.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    donation sent as promised! Thanks, Jamie, for alerting us or at least kickstarting our brains that "hey, maybe some $ help is in order"! Heavy lifting is a breeze when multiple arms are involved!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sending $ is easy guys. The least we can do. Get after it. 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    For those of you who are blessed to have never gone through something like this... Thank God.  Almost a year ago my beautiful home of South Carolina experienced just such a situation.  Homes were destroyed, lives were lost, hospitals were without running water.  It was rough.  The great state of Louisina was there for us.  As we should be there for them.  Mother Nature knows not the integrity of her power.  Only man can battle her might through love and response.  Charity and warmth.  Please, think with your neighbor and do what you can.  If not financial, how about prayer, words of encouragement, or a simple moment of reflection.  Trust me when I say the world is not as big as it sometimes seems.  Thanks for reading. 
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @pgprescott- - I am reminded of that every week as time and effort are many times what's really needed.  Sometimes though, $$ are the only option we have to reach the impacted area as you well know.  Thus the great effort being provided by @Thatgrimguy.  Talk about stepping up and going "All In."  Great to see especially in this day and age.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Here's a great way to donate to help others knowing that 100% of the money will go directly to helping others. I'm in. PM sent. 
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    PM sent.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Thank y'all. This is such an amazing community. Thank you so much.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Thank y'all. This is such an amazing community. Thank you so much.
    You nailed it!   This whole community is amazing :)
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
     I am not electronically literate or don't have a Pay Pal account, so I am sending a check snail mail... I Just feel privileged to be able to contribute.. Thanks again Scott..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    PM sent
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • mikeinccfl
    mikeinccfl Posts: 119
    Options
    Done. Thanks to @Thatgrimguy and @Ozzie_Isaac!
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together.  PM sent and donation made.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Any CPAs or tax guys on the board? I donate to a few organizations and would I be right when I say I think you could write off donations to Grim? I think it is if you donate under $500 you don't need a receipt and over you need a receipt.

So if you're on the fence, that's something to keep in mind. 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Donation sent.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Sending a pm now, thanks for organizing this!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Any CPAs or tax guys on the board? I donate to a few organizations and would I be right when I say I think you could write off donations to Grim? I think it is if you donate under $500 you don't need a receipt and over you need a receipt.

So if you're on the fence, that's something to keep in mind. 
    If he is set up as a charity eligible to receive tax deductible contributions then I would say yes. If not, then no.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk