Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SPOG

Options
Ran short on prep time at dinner tonight , so i just threw some SPOG on the chops and egged on. Point is.... Why did I stop using this basic but so tasty combination for so long ? Seems that I may have gotten a little too DIZZY on the Kool Aid !! SPOG ..simple , and tasty :-)
More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Amen-if you have some cumin and paprika in house you can get some great variations without a whole lot of effort.  Eggsperiment and have fun-that's the end game I shoot for.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Spog is all I use. Love it!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cocur with @lousubcap. A couple more additions and you will have something better than you can buy anywhere, and the best part is, it fits your taste, and not having to fit your tsste around it.
    Been doing it for years.
    Cook looked phenominal!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What's your recipe?  I go 2 parts Lawrey's and 1 part each pepper, onion powder & garlic powder.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Be sure to make note of what seasonings you used in your experiments. Whether it's great or awful, you'll want to remember what went into it!

I haven't purchased a commercial rub in ages. I have to watch my sodium intake and making my own rubs makes that a lot easier. Also, I'm less likely to run out of a favorite rub... all the common ingredients are always in my cabinet or readily available. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut