Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chiminea

2»

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw said:
    Hotch said:
    Looks like you have the largest size.  They made smaller

i have one like yours

came with a cooking grid for the top (when you remove the chimney)
    I understood they only made the one size of the chiminea. In my search for one that is all I found.
    They made a small and a large. I actually think now I may have a small. 

Wife got it shipped free on clearance for about $150? Was maybe ten years ago. 

Two sizes?  Interesting, anybody else ever see two sizes? Let's see some pictures from the people who have them!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    When I had to order replacement parts for mine, the mother ship never asked what size.
     You could have the Chiminea on the original short stand. I call them mini killers. Or you can put it on a large BGE rolling stand. That seems to make it look bigger.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    WeberWho said:
    fiver29 said:
    NCSmoky said:
    Here is my picture from the mothership

Someone posted a picture here from the mothership.  Might have been you.  I made it my avatar.  Hope that's ok!  Makes things easy for me.  Years ago people would give me lots of grief for posting pics with a blue egg in it.  Saying it wasn't a real egg, etc.  I bought it in Florida.  Around 1999/2000 timeframe.  
    @fiver29 Have you ever had any warranty work done with the base/dome? It would be interesting to hear how they would handle a blue warranty claim. I wonder if they have spare blue parts laying around or if they would give you a green colored replacement part and say you are on your own making it blue. 
    No.  All the work on it I've done myself.  Not sure what they'd say if I have to replace a major part.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006

dude, is that a blue egg?

Apollo Beach, FL