Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What the brisket

Tryed a brisket point today. 4.5lbs. I put it on the egg with the guru set at 225 and 3 small cherry chunks and 1 nice pecan chunk. Seasoned with dp course dizzy dust and dp cow lick. I chose not to inject this time and seasoned pretty heavy because last time my bark was lacking. Well now for the good part. The last brisket i did that was 9 lbs. took 4hr. To get to 160. This time the 4.5 lb took 6 hr. To get to 160. I made a little mixture to add to foil with beef broth, wishishere, apple cider, garlic past and a little hit of dales and lemon juice. I raised the grill to 275 then 45 min later up to 300 then 30 min later up to 325 running out of time. All and all this baby 4.5 pounder took 9hr. And probably could have went another 30 to 45 mins. But my wife was getting hangry. The flavor was real good and the bark was nice and dark with a little crunch. Sorry i dont have and pics. Oh and the guru was awesome. 
New Orleans, Louisiana. 
XL bge, Napoleon Prestige  Pro 665 (gasser) sad that it won't be used much anymore. 

Comments