Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Six Racks of Baby Back Ribs On My Lg Egg

Options
SoCalTim
SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
Was recently camping @ Zion National Park in Utah with my family, one night I did ribs ... 6 racks to be exact, here's how I did it.

I prepped the ribs and vertically sat all 6 in an aluminum pan, then proceed to run wooden skewers thru the top and bottom of the ribs.

I made balls with HDAF and ran the skewers thru them, allowing the rib to 'breathe' ... my brother and I gently took the ribs out of the pan and gently set them in place, not before discovering the lid wouldn't close, so we cut off the guilty ribs and ran skewers thru them and pinned them to the rack of ribs.

I rested the ribs in a cooler for an hour, just before we were gonna eat I pulled them, sauced them and gave hit them with a quick two minute direct grill on the fire, they finished with an incredible char on the surface ~ dang it, forgot to take a final picture.

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.

Comments