Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lewis Barbecue, Charleston, SC

Options
2»

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Those prices are stupid high.....

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Those prices are stupid high.....
    Challston is getting like many cities in the south, where the majority who live there aren't from there (or from the same state).  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    A place serving beef in Charleston seems weird as hell, unless it's hash. It's always an afterthought to the star of the show, whole hog.
    yeah but I'm sure Charleston needs a new whole hog place like we need another brisket place. I would love to have a Charleston style bbq joint open here. Something different. Especially if someone came in with Lewis' chops.
    He would have done better with a Gullah restaurant, based on Charleston history. I have the feeling that his clientele will be hipster transplants and college kids whose parents are in town. He He must have some legit weed to come up with this business plan.

Good luck to him, either way.
    I did give a little stink eye to the fancy build-out and the fact that he serves "boozy agua frescas" and has a fancy bar menu from a celebrity bartender. This is very un-Texas bbq like.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    Options
    @tarheelmatt, lemme know if you make it down to Charleston and I'll meet you there.  I was there for work today, but just now reading this thread.  I've been to Franklin and it was unbelievably good.  If he brought that sorta A game with him, I gotta try it.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,219
    Options
    I'll wait until the fall to make a road trip over there. No way I'm standing in the Chucktown summer heat. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    tgs2401 said:

MENU

LEWIS BARBECUE
    • Prime Beef Brisket
      $21/lb
    • Beef Short Ribs (Sat. only)
      $22/lb
    • Pulled Pork
      $18/lb
    • Pork Spare Ribs
      $18/lb
    • Turkey Breast
      $18/lb
    • Texas Hot Guts (Housemade Sausage)
      $5/link
    Sandwiches
    • “El Sancho”
      $11
    • Brisket (chopped or sliced)
      $10.50
    • Pulled Pork or Turkey
      $9
    • Sausage
      $8
    Sides
    • Single/$2.50 Pint/$8 Quart/$12
    • Buttermilk Potato Salad
    • Creamy Lemon Slaw
    • Green Bean Salad
    • Cowboy Pinto Beans
    • Green Chile Corn Pudding
      $3.50
    Dang!  

I've never experienced Tx Q, but are these prices around the same?  

If so these folks I see post these plates/trays on Instagram, etc, are worth about $50!  
    He's actually $1 higher on everything than Franklin:

https://franklinbarbecue.com/menu/

He has a much fancier building to pay for, that's for sure. Ayayron owns everything outright.

That build-out could kill him.  You have to sling a lot of meat to cover a building like that. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    @tarheelmatt, lemme know if you make it down to Charleston and I'll meet you there.  I was there for work today, but just now reading this thread.  I've been to Franklin and it was unbelievably good.  If he brought that sorta A game with him, I gotta try it.  
    I'll let you know buddy!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site