Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye with board sauce

Options
minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
One of my old college buddies got married on Saturday night so a few of my long-time friends were in town this weekend. Many of them I hadn't actually seen in 6-7 years so it was a very drunken weekend. Well, one of the couples stayed at our house on Friday night so we cooked up a feast. Didn't get any photos other than the one below.

This started out as a reverse seared 2" ribeye and then I gave a board sauce a try. Used come Kerry Gold, olive oil, parsley, chives, rosemary, and thyme. Didn't really follow a recipe and certainly didn't focus on the presentation (as you can see). I do know that I was amazed by the flavor and how the board sauce made the steak taste so refreshing. I will definitely be doing this again soon. I'll try to document better next time.

Anyway, here's the sloppy pic.

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    here's the sloppy pic.

This ^^^^^^^ brought back a fond memory of a gal I use to date. But that's a story for another time. 
    On a seperate note, great looking grub my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You're a good friend. I had two drunk friends crash at my place Friday. They made themselves two frozen pizzas after the bar. I've never used the oven so they had to figure it out. Good thing I stayed up for a couple more drinks. They both were "tired" and didn't wake up for pizza! ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good looking drunk steak. I'm sure it was a hit. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Looks great, I was just reading about a board sauce the other day and it sounds fantastic.  Gotta try it, maybe tomorrow night, doing a tri tip.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks delicious! 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Looks good enough to eat right now !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Old friends, good food and cold beverages....a recipient for a great time.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks pretty damn good. I've been wanting to try a board sauce, but keep forgetting.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    caliking said:
    That looks pretty damn good. I've been wanting to try a board sauce, but keep forgetting.

@caliking some weekend we should do an APL thread.  kind of like a throwdown, but more like an obstacle course.  whoever can follow through a complete APL recipe (marinades, scruffs, rubs, board sauces whatever else he does these days) gets a prize. 

good looking steak, minniemoh!

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • minniemoh
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments folks. I had a compound butter in mind for this meal but simply ran out of time to get it put together. That's when I decided to try the board sauce. What I was the most amazed by was the "freshness" that the herbs, olive oil, and steak juice did to the overall flavor. What I mean is that it made it taste "lighter and more like summer" without losing the nice beefy flavor. I don't know if that makes any sense but that's as good as I can describe it without being drunk again... and it's too early in the day for that.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    have you ever made gremolata? if not, give it a whirl - really brightens things up, and it takes 3 ingredients (garlic, parsley, lemon zest) and 5 minutes to make.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • minniemoh
    Options
    blind99 said:
    have you ever made gremolata? if not, give it a whirl - really brightens things up, and it takes 3 ingredients (garlic, parsley, lemon zest) and 5 minutes to make.
    No idea what that is but I'll check it out. Sounds like it could be fun and thanks for the suggestion.

eggAddict from MN!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @blind99 - Ha! That would be a feat, I get tired just thinking about APL recipes, so have generally avoided them. I know the end product will be great, but that kind of effort seriously interferes with beverage consumption.

And +1 for gremolata. Especially if one loves garlic. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.