Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak, blue cheese, taters, carrots, salad, alcohol

SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
I think that's all the food groups isn't it? Thawed a 1 1/2" ribeye for me and my wife to share (apologies @SGH for our inability to consume large portions). Roasted carrots with balsamic & honey - the potatoes with garlic, S&P. Cooked the mushrooms on the mm with butter, garlic, S&P, and some cayenne. 
The ribeye was reverse seared. I used a local rub with some coffee in it on the steak. After it was done I added some blue cheese and fresh rosemary. 
It was tasty my friends. Thanks for stopping by for a look. 

View of the kitchen in progress. 

Alcohol and the bug-a-salt for entertainment while the eggs come up to speed. 

Mushrooms getting happy on the mm.
Oh yeah, baby!

This was actually my first time to add blue cheese to a steak. I'm a convert now. 

A simple salad.

The steak was just right. I'll have some blackberry crisp later with a little Blue Bell then fall asleep in my recliner and snore a while. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    My favorite meal looks fantastic 
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SciAggie said:
    (apologies @SGH for our inability to consume large portions)
    If we are going to remain friends, you are going to have to work on your consumption quantities ;)
    For a all around great job ole buddy:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @SGH I'll work on it my friend. I did kill a limit with the bug-a-salt while slightly intoxicated. Does that help at all?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon