Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good deal on a "regular" cooler

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
I was in West Marine a few minutes ago and spotted this 4 day sale. It's probably as much cooler as most of us need. I like the handle. 

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Need?  Seriously, you have been around this group to long to know "need" has an alternate meaning here. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a few of the Igloo Marine coolers, and have been on charter boats with the bigger versions.  The performance difference between the Marine models and other more normal coolers is very significant.  Off shore recreational fishermen are often out for several days in tropical heat, and need a cooler that can hold a temperature for that long, even with multiple openings and (hopefully) a lot of water temperature fish being put in.  The Igloo Marines are up to that challenge.
    Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A nice cooler for a nice price.  Easily worth a Benjamin, and above regular.  
    Have looked into upgrading my standard plastic hinges and latches to stainless, not cheap.  The handle, and wheels, are cool.  I have the ATC from Igloo, basically a marine 120qt with large wheels.  Has come in handy on the longer trips.  Really easy to move around on rugged terrain when loaded.   
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sam's had the 5day version of that same cooler for about $100,  and Costco had one for about 80. Is the extra day worth it? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have that cooler. If you have not bought it and want it, get it. I really like mine and it is awesome. The handle and wheels are much appreciated when camping in remote locations, and long term cold storage is very good. Keeps ice very well. Kept our food cold for 5 days, in mid 80s daytime temps. Likely gone longer if I managed it better.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky