Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
After you receive your care package, please take a picture of it and post it here.  Showoff your new goods and thank your Elf!  B 
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

Be wary of trans border shipping folks. Just a reminder that duties will need to be paid when shipping via courier, USPS or Canada Post has a less likely chance of getting dinged at the borders.

I just got a call from Fed Ex that I am getting a package from Amarillo Texas and I will be responsible for the duties and taxes associated with it.

Which Egghead is from Amarillo. Hmmmm

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    hondabbq said:

Not to worry....it's hot sauce. One way or the other....cause it hot down there right 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    When you get hooked on the Franklin sauce, you can order from HEB to be shipped to you.  I've done that before, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,803
    That's a package to be proud of!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Way to get it rolling @Foghorn
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan, I'm glad you are pleased with our package. My son helped me pick it out and he and my wife packaged it and shipped it. 

It was not my intention to overdo it. We started by buying the Fiesta rubs that are made by our favorite meat market - Bolner's. They mostly cost less than $3 a bottle. So I did some quick cipherin' and figured I needed at least a dozen items to ship...  That was easier math than adding the actual value of the other items. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Quick question, when packing the package, do ya'll put a note or anything in there or is it anonymous?  First timer here.  Forgive the questions. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Foghorn said:
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan, I'm glad you are pleased with our package. My son helped me pick it out and he and my wife packaged it and shipped it. 

It was not my intention to overdo it. We started by buying the Fiesta rubs that are made by our favorite meat market - Bolner's. They mostly cost less than $3 a bottle. So I did some quick cipherin' and figured I needed at least a dozen items to ship...  That was easier math than adding the actual value of the other items. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. 
    Love Fiesta Brand Rubs.  The chicken and Uncle Chris are some of my favorites.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Foghorn
    Quick question, when packing the package, do ya'll put a note or anything in there or is it anonymous?  First timer here.  Forgive the questions. 

I put a note in.  It was first time doing this, but it seemed like what I thought I read about last year...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,803
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74

Include a note with your package.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Thanks guys!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Great story @Foghorn. Not sure about the math part but I'm a happy camper. Had to try a little dab of the franklins Texas style with my steak tonight and it's definitely going to be a hit. Thanks again. You and your family came together with a group effort and really delivered a special package, wrapped perfectly. 
    Snellville, GA

• @Hook_emHornsfan_74 yes he put a nice note in my package with his name, email, and explaining what was in the box. It was like a note from Santa only better. 
    Snellville, GA

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Very nice @Foghorn!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Damn, I just put a little note with my name.  Forgot to put email and description.  Guess I will open box back up.  I can't tell if I am having senior moment or dumb ass moment.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Foghorn said:

Way to go, @Foghorn.  I had to go to the FedEx/Kinkos and kick the crap out of the pimply faced youth behind the counter to get my outgoing box back.  I figured a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's and an Academy gift card would knock it out of the park.  It may take me almost 10 days to put together a better package for my guy.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

Way to go, @Foghorn.  I had to go to the FedEx/Kinkos and kick the crap out of the pimply faced youth behind the counter to get my outgoing box back.  I figured a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's and an Academy gift card would knock it out of the park.  It may take me almost 10 days to put together a better package for my guy.
    OK @20stone, if you know who PFY is, then you must also know BOFH. I knew I liked you.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • 20stone
    DMW said:
    OK @20stone, if you know who PFY is, then you must also know BOFH. I knew I liked you.
    Yep.  I can also do xkcd references, but they are pretty mainstream.  
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Damn, I just put a little note with my name.  Forgot to put email and description.  Guess I will open box back up.  I can't tell if I am having senior moment or dumb ass moment.  
    Usually I will clear things up and say who the person's elf is if a note is forgotten.

Please include a note...should be in the FAQ.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • 20stone
    20stone said:
    DMW said:
    Yep.  I can also do xkcd references, but they are pretty mainstream.  
    For those of you that didn't pick up one (or both) of those references, put on a brisket, gain access to a repository of chilled beverages, and let Google do the walkin'.  BOFH will lead you to an archive of stories from the nineties that those involved with networks will find hilarious, and others will shrug.  xkcd is cartoons, so it's faster.  When you are done reading both archives, your brisket will be 220 F, and you should put it in the trash, but you will still (likely) be laughing.

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • Foghorn
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

Sorry @20stone, but I'm not buying it.  I've seen you plan and execute an eggfest cook.  I'm guessing you also had a half used pepper grinder bottle to toss in there with the sauce and gift card.

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That Uncle Chris' stuff is awesome on steaks and burgers.  
    Well done @Foghorn

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Well done @Foghorn
    Yes it is @GATraveller. I was actually first introduced to it by strangers at an adjacent campsite using it on chicken wings. It's good there too. I didn't know it was primarily for beef until I looked into it. 

San Antonio, TX

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited June 2016
    Foghorn said:
    ... We started by buying the Fiesta rubs that are made by our favorite meat market - Bolner's. They mostly cost less than $3 a bottle. So I did some quick cipherin' and figured I needed at least a dozen items to ship...  That was easier math than adding the actual value of the other items. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. 
    That's great that you have a market nearby offering rubs at fair prices.  They're overpriced around me, so when I find something I like I usually buy the large containers and go from there, DP for instance.  If I stuck to the budget at my local prices, I'd hit the limit after buying 4 rubs.  :o 

Nice box, by the way!  :plus_one:
    LBGE/Maryland
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited June 2016
    Show off time fellows!!!

@Foghorn Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

All I can say is WOW! You went way above and beyond and it is greatly appreciated. We have never tried or even seen any of this stuff. My wife is equally as excited. She is from Texas so seeing everything came from Texas made her day. We could not be happier with our package. You have set the bar very high. I will keep you posted as we dig into all of this goodness. 

Up up until about an hour ago (when I received my package) I thought I had my package ready to send to my elf but after opening this it's back to the drawing board for more stuff! 

Thank you so much, I look forward to trying all of this stuff very soon!

Jeff

that fiesta stuff is legit.  lots of competition cooks use their spices around here (made in san antonio, tx)

great job @Foghorn  my recipient is getting quite a few that you sent as well
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2016
    Foghorn said:
    Well done @Foghorn
    Yes it is @GATraveller. I was actually first introduced to it by strangers at an adjacent campsite using it on chicken wings. It's good there too. I didn't know it was primarily for beef until I looked into it. 
    I was introduced to it by a friend from San Antonio.  Buys it by the case and was nice enough to share last time a shipment came in (since not readily available near me).  Sadly I'm out and need to restock 
    Good work dude!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Thanks for the loot @Eggingaround some good stuff in here