Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When will it be done?

Options
dougcrann
dougcrann Posts: 1,129
Think my wife is screwing with me. Everytime I smoke something she asks "when will it be done". You would think after doing this for a year or so she would know...lol...
I gave her the answer I used to give supervisors at the USPS when I was cutting first class mail...it will be done when it is done...not a moment before..let committed to yesterday butt being done at 1 p.m.....oddly enough it came off the smoker at 1 p.m. 

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Great timing, my wife always asks that as well, I respond with when would you like to eat and I will then make it happen.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    My wife accepted "It'll be done when its done" after about 6 months. It was easier than when I responded, "Well, it depends" followed by me rattling of a half dozen things I thought might be going on in the Egg. In the long run, its worked out well. I can say when I suppose it will be done, and if it goes longer, so it goes.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    I have conditioned SWMBO to go with my answer, whatever that is. She knows the variability of L&S cooks, regardless of the cooker. BTW- does enjoy the post-cook groceries. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I have figured it out so that I ask ahead of time and plan accordingly. If done early I tell her it's an experiment in resting vs not resting.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have conditioned SWMBO to go with my answer, whatever that is. 
    Brother Cap, I have my wife pretty well trained also. The only thing that comes out of her mouth when I'm cooking is "do you need another beer sir" ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    I have conditioned SWMBO to go with my answer, whatever that is. 
    Brother Cap, I have my wife pretty well trained also. The only thing that comes out of her mouth when I'm cooking is "do you need another beer sir" ;)

Man I didn't think I would bust this out twice on you  =)

Jacksonville FL