Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Time Poster Baby Backs w/ Pics

BuckeyeEgg31
BuckeyeEgg31 Posts: 2
I've been a member for a while and this is the first time I've posted. I wanted to share my last cook, a rack of baby backs on the LBGE. I rubbed down the rack with a coat of mustard and my own rub and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I took the ribs out about an hour before putting them on the egg. I went with a grate temp of around 250-260 and a mix of apple and cherry chips. After the first two hours i took them out and wrapped in foil with a little beer. I kept them wrapped for an hour and then put them back on the egg with another light dusting of rub. I like my ribs with some bite, not fall off the bone. I cooked them for another hour until they had a good bend and then I coated with Montgomery Inn sauce and back on to caramelize. Any questions or suggestions I'd appreciate the feedback!

I really appreciate this forum, it's been a great help as I learn the BGE. All of the posts and comments have been great advice!

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Nice ribs! Welcome.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Great looking ribs brother!  Technique sounds spot on.  Welcome aboard brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Welcome. And nice ribs. Montgomery Inn sauce is one of my very favorites.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Bob Hope's favorite ribs and sauce.
    excellent cook and welcome in to BGE OCD hell. As good as it gets, but can always be better.
    have fun!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Looks great!
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Great cook.  Great looking table. Great setting!  Welcome.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Looks great ....love me some ribs.

How close are you to Cinci?  Porkopolis at Germain Park will be here before we know it.

Welcome.

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Welcome!!  Great ribs!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Ribs look spot on. Welcome
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    How were they?  Doesn't look like you need any suggestions/tips unless they weren't to your liking and you describe what was wrong.  Great first post either way!!  Welcome.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Welcome!   Looks great  &  Go BUCKS !!

I agree with @gatraveller post - so many ways to skin a cat & everyone has different preference/tastes . .  so hard to critique/suggest until you share your thoughts on the end result.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    Looking at those ribs.... I certainly don't have anything to suggest !!! They look and sound awesome.. Welcome.. I like your cooking set up.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....