Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My XL Table Build - Final Reveal

Options
13»

Comments

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Awesome looking table. I love the color contrasts.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,170
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1move said:
    Beautiful job. Very nice!
    Thank you sir, means a lot coming from you. Thanks for the likes and love thus far. Love reading your comments it means a lot guys.
    You are most kind. You will enjoy this table for many years. Loved you spent some great times with your dad. I lost mine when I was in High School. Treasure the times.......now get that egg good and dirty.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,496
    Options
    What kind of wood? I tried a composite deck material and it was very heavy so decided against it. Will you be putting handles on doors and drawer?
  • stevez
    stevez Posts: 123
    Options
    Damn that is a beautiful piece of work; like others have said, the best table I've seen.  Great work to you and your Dad!
    Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    That looks really great. I'm glad this got bumped, because I missed it the first time.  Congrats!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    What kind of wood? I tried a composite deck material and it was very heavy so decided against it. Will you be putting handles on doors and drawer?
    The wood is called Kayu Batu it's a rare Indonesian wood used mainly for boat decks. It's a very heavy wood, heavier than the composite decking you mentioned. My table comes in at roughly 1200 lbs without the egg. 

As for the handles on the doors, I decided to go with a clean look and magnets that push to pop out if you take a look on the first page there are photos what it looks like when it's popped out.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • tferk
    tferk Posts: 34
    Options
    Beautiful, I'm sure you and your Dad will remember the experience for a long time