Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How does one change their "name"?

i would like to change my site name to something less motorcycle oriented...  Is there an admin that can be contacted to do so?

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Not really, just make a new account.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    One does not change their name.  One makes another account.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    moto, love your photo. I am the owner of multiple Shelties and they are great pets and companions.  Much more loving than the wife. 
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • BuckeyeFork
    BuckeyeFork Posts: 191
    One has to be careful when selecting a name.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    One has to be careful when selecting a name.
    Very true.  Wolverinespoon does not have the same ring.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Lots of times I'm in a hurry to get access when asked to set up an account.  My username could easily have been @keyboardmouse123
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ...and creating an account name of Noob or such doesn't instill confidence one will progress or plan on staying on the forum.
    edited May 2016
    I did "Weberwho?" 6 something years ago. Planned on asking a couple question and jumping ship over on greeneggers. 3,000 posts later here I am. Stupid name and all. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    :)  I was under the impression that you can only change your name after you piss off a bunch of people?  Also, once you do, it's imperative that you reply to every single comment so your post # goes up and you can establish your street cred...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Then some of just use the on multiple boards with same login credentials to keep it simple for ourselves. Am I the only one who is in password overload?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Then some of just use the on multiple boards with same login credentials to keep it simple for ourselves. Am I the only one who is in password overload?
    Are you paying attention to this game?
  • northGAcock
    Umps a monkey..,,,I am. Luke holding down the tailgate chair. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    A man has no name
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    johnnyp said:
    A man has no name
    I thought the horse had no name...
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited May 2016
    johnnyp said:
    A man has no name
    I thought the horse had no name...
    Only when walking through a desert
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Piss the Buffalo off bad enough and you will have no option other than changing your name :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Piss the Buffalo off bad enough and you will have no option other than changing your name :D
    Or get a bumper sticker. 
  • Then some of just use the on multiple boards with same login credentials to keep it simple for ourselves. Am I the only one who is in password overload?
    You likely know, but just a caution against the practice of reusing passwords. A lot of us do it for convenience, but it's risky. In the event of a breach, having obtained your credentials, a lot of unauthorized third parties will simply try your email address and password across other properties, sometimes with great success. In these circumstances, as the subject individual whose info was compromised, it is often very hard, if not impossible, to trace back where the initial breach occurred.

This is why an organization's encryption of passwords is so important. This way, if your info is compromised, it's still unlikely the third party will decrypt your password, to be used elsewhere.
  • Crystal79
    Crystal79 Posts: 21
    It's actually quite easy to be resurrected under a new name.  Folks here do it all the time.
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
    - LBGE - located in NEPA

• northGAcock
    You likely know, but just a caution against the practice of reusing passwords. A lot of us do it for convenience, but it's risky. In the event of a breach, having obtained your credentials, a lot of unauthorized third parties will simply try your email address and password across other properties, sometimes with great success. In these circumstances, as the subject individual whose info was compromised, it is often very hard, if not impossible, to trace back where the initial breach occurred.

This is why an organization's encryption of passwords is so important. This way, if your info is compromised, it's still unlikely the third party will decrypt your password, to be used elsewhere.
    Just a message board, not financial in nature. Your point is well taken though. 

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    First, change your signature to tell readers what your new name is going to be.
    After a while, when you "reveal" your new moniker, put something in your sig line to reflect who you "used" to be.  Keep the same picture so we'll know.... come to think of it, the picture is vital... most familiar members here I identify by picture, not name.

What are you thinking of changing to?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• What's in a name anyways. A smoker by any other name would smell as sweet.
    Gittin' there...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    You fill a ridiculously cool Growler with a habenero laced beer and share it with brethren.  And then ask someone who knows the answer.  Enjoyed meeting you along with @possumtrot this weekend!  Nice times brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Then some of just use the on multiple boards with same login credentials to keep it simple for ourselves. Am I the only one who is in password overload?

This is exactly what I'm getting at. A lot of breaches of innocuous sites like message boards can then lead to much more significant consequences when those compromised credentials are then tried against other properties (which can then have financial implications).

Sorry I'm geeking out. Breaches are a bit of a passion of mine.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

Not financial in nature. . . my wife would completely disagree with you. :-)
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    bgebrent said:
    You fill a ridiculously cool Growler with a habenero laced beer and share it with brethren.  And then ask someone who knows the answer.  Enjoyed meeting you along with @possumtrot this weekend!  Nice times brother.
    Now finally "The_Stache"!!! Woohoo... you guys rock!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Now finally "The_Stache"!!! Woohoo... you guys rock!
    A most appropriate "handle" brother Rick!  Welcome aboard...again ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    @The_Stache Good to meet you this weekend, hope that Solera 23 took good care of you :)
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE