Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Review to come...

Options
billt01
billt01 Posts: 1,530
Last year my loving wife decided to buy me a YETI 45 to go in the boat. We have a 2013 Bryant 210W and the folks at Bryant have a novel idea on putting a cooler underneath one of the seats. Only problem with that, its a "Marine" igloo cooler that will not hold ice...well it will hold it, but it likes to turn it to water in about 3 or 4 hours....

The YETI was a great idea in theory....its too tall so the seat will not fold down...so I will give my review on the following purchase in a few weeks. From what I have read on line, it looks promising.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/product/48-pack-H2O.html

Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @billt01 I have 3 of them. And they are great. They are not 5 day coolers but work great for 1 - 2 days.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I also have 3 of the Polar Bear coolers.
    2 are H2O and one is basic cloth sided. Agree with @Hotch above.
    Got mine on the annual 1/2 off sale. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • billt01
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I also have 3 of the Polar Bear coolers.
    2 are H2O and one is basic cloth sided. Agree with @Hotch above.
    Got mine on the annual 1/2 off sale. 
    HALF OFF SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is that?!?!?!...story of my life....
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options

Hotch said:
    @billt01 I have 3 of them. And they are great. They are not 5 day coolers but work great for 1 - 2 days.
    @Hotch Does charging the cooler with a cool block help in longevity?

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Not really. I do use freezer packs along with ice. I have  a few flat ones that work well.
    Their sale is usually around the last two or 3 months of the year.
    They will select one series of coolers ie soft sides, water proof or another and do a great sale. I gave them out as Christmas gifts last year.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    My polar bear will hold for maybe a day. Not worth that much cash IMO
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • billt01
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Do you have the H20?
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I have one, not H2O, and love it.  I use it for all of my FTC cooks.  Also great for weekend needs.  We have also given them out as gifts.  Received mine as a gift, monogramed with our name on it.  Quality product!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • billt01
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Used this weekend at the lake...loaded it up with ice and goodies the night before and it worked awesome...still had over 3/4 of the ice when i emptied it yesterday....

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We use the Costco carry cooler bag. Cheaper, and holds ice well, and keeps things cool for a couple days, no problem.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Chubbs said:
    Do you have the H20?
    No mine is the nylon model. Don't even know where it is honestly. Just didn't cut it in columbia heat. Yours looks way better insulated than my model
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @Chubbs - just a tip- one thing that I think makes a big difference is buckling the sides down so it is in a box shape.  This closes the insulation at the top.  I have kept ice for 2 full days in 90 degree weather and still had ice left.  This was in the nylon 24 (2 for $80). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• billt01
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt

Yep...that is correct...

@Chubbs

Their customer service is awesome. I would give them a call if your not happy with the product, they might work with you even though you may be out of the warranty time period
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    and to add....it will store probably twice as much as my YETI 45 and is lighter.
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga