Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game of Thrones

Options
Hans61
Hans61 Posts: 3,901
season 6 premieres tonight, whose watching? 
“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm recording it.  My wife is out of town and arrives late tonight. We watch it together.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    No streaming service here, and slowly moving thru the series in DVD. Just finished season 3. Don't spill any OMG moments. Well, just a hint. Maybe just a skosh. No don't. Wait, let me think that thru again. Err, does it get any better, I mean worse, vice versa?
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Can't wait. Best show on TV. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Hans61
    Options
    @gdenby there's a wedding you'll never forget and a new character introduced named Reek, think those were my highlights, season 3 very good with a lot happening! Enjoy! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    @gdenby, it doesn't disappoint as it moves forward.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Can't wait... New adjustable bed is installed and ready. Dvr it as well so we don't miss a thing
  • EggNashville
    Options
    Egged my tri tip ahead of time so I can catch up on the last few episodes of season five...

winter is coming!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Possibly the best show ever! So many twists and surprises, awesome show!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Me and my wife powered thru Seasons 1-5 again the past couple weeks.

Can't wait for it to start tonight.

So is Jon Snow really dead?

Is The Hound really dead?

Do the dragons rescue Mommy?

So many questions...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Me and my wife powered thru Seasons 1-5 again the past couple weeks.

Can't wait for it to start tonight.

So is Jon Snow really dead?

Is The Hound really dead?

Do the dragons rescue Mommy?

So many questions...

Me too, I am ready!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Hans61
    Options
    8min before the show, I don't think John Snow is dead. Read something about no killed off character being part of a teaser for upcoming season so the fan theory is he survived! 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    I'd say best show ever but let's see them kill off another main character tonight just to prove they are, but yeah, total GOT junkie!
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Love it.  Will wait until I dload all episodes before I watch.  Great series.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hans61
    Options
    @4Runner nothing like a good binge watch but something to be said for the weekly anticipation as well :-) it was a good episode a lot of laying the grounds for developments as one would expect for a season opener! 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm with @4Runner .  I'll wait to download all at once.  I'm getting old and week to week I forget too much.  I enjoy it more to binge watch all at once.

Phoenix 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    8min before the show, I don't think John Snow is dead. Read something about no killed off character being part of a teaser for upcoming season so the fan theory is he survived! 
    Obviously this is after the premiere, but even before I didn't think there was any way he was 'permanently' dead.  He is just too important (when Benioff & Weiss approached George RR Martin about turning the books into a TV show, Martin had them explain their opinion on who Jon's parents were) to the books and any likely resolution to the series.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    He will be brought back by fire lady to finish what stanis started. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I binge watched the first 5 seasons several months ago but held off on the last 2 episodes until last week (I didn't want it to be over).  Such a good show.
    I really need to read the books!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    I binge watched the first 5 seasons several months ago but held off on the last 2 episodes until last week (I didn't want it to be over).  Such a good show.
    I really need to read the books!
    The last three episodes of season 5 really make up for a somewhat boring season, they are absolute fire!
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Hans61
    Options
    Acn said:
    Hans61 said:
    Obviously this is after the premiere, but even before I didn't think there was any way he was 'permanently' dead.  He is just too important (when Benioff & Weiss approached George RR Martin about turning the books into a TV show, Martin had them explain their opinion on who Jon's parents were) to the books and any likely resolution to the series.
    Yeah there are some interesting fan theories on who Jon's real parents might be! 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Yes!  Big Fan!  Wouldn't miss it!  But I sometimes have to listen with my headphones in order to understand the dialog.  The plot is very clear - Just about everyone would be King, except for the disruption caused by all the others and a few dragons. 
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    I do enjoy watching some GoT with the wife.  We have to wait until the kids are asleep and then watch it with headphones so we don't wake them. 

Was anyone else a little disappointed by the season 6 premier last night?  At the beginning they moved very quickly with the plot.  Now it seems like they're dragging it out.  I'm not sure if it's because they're trying to get more seasons out of it or if they're trying to figure out where it's going to go now but it's starting to get annoying. 

I don't care that they didn't reveal if Jon Snow was coming back to life or not last night but give me something in a season premier.  After all the build up in the off season this felt lackluster to me.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • Hans61
    Options
    SPOILERS BELOW!!!

@jimithing

For me enough happened - Lanisters going to feud with Dorne, Sansa escape, khalasar Daenerys Targaryen taken captive, and the red lady's actually way old - plus they haven't even got to Bran yet,   Plus they have the rest of the season to set up - my guess the next two or three episodes will be building episodes toward something huge!
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    He will be brought back by fire lady to finish what stanis started. 
    Jon Snow?   Man I hope so.  That guy is a beast. 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Last night was the best episode yet!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hans61
    Options
    Yessir! I was notified of your post but was afraid to look until I watched it tonight!! 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    For all those who were waiting until the end to binge watch, what did you think?
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    i think this is sunk. wonder if it still counts for post count?
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf