Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smash Burgers on Homemade Sourdough

Options
2»

Comments

• Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Here's my weekend of sourdough exploring...
    (using a 100% wild starter)

I've enjoyed the starter and watching it in response to the "feedings" definitely more than my struggles with getting the bread I want out of it..

• clemsontyger97
    Options
    NDG said:
    Made some sourdough on saturday.  Looks like too much bread in pics, but perfect match with some super smash griddle burgers.  Kept it simple with (2) Patty and (2) Cheese on each . . so so good.

That's a perfect smash burger right there.   Love the ragged edges where you can get pure crunch.   Perfect.
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Sweet100s said:

[beautiful bread pics here]

I've enjoyed the starter and watching it in response to the "feedings" definitely more than my struggles with getting the bread I want out of it..

Duuuuuude!  You guys are really getting me ramped up here.

Two questions for those of you that have been taunting me:
    1. On the Egg or in the oven?
    2. Dutch oven method or pizza stone?
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    20stone said:
    Sweet100s said:

[beautiful bread pics here]

Duuuuuude!  You guys are really getting me ramped up here.

Two questions for those of you that have been taunting me:
    1. On the Egg or in the oven?
    2. Dutch oven method or pizza stone?
    All the above.  You will need to experiment and see what works best in your kitchen/enviroment. I've had success with all the above. Lately I've been doing a lot of DO in the Oven.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SunDeviledEgg
    Options
    made these burgers last night and i really think they might have been the best homemade burgers i've ever had.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Very Nice @sweet100's The first GREAT crumb I got was using this recipe & video here . . . very very hard to mess up!  Al the stretch & folds take time, but pumps so much air into the bread, lighter result. http://breadtopia.com/sourdough-no-knead-bread/

Here is some more of my bread . . crumb for whole wheat stuff not as much air . . but could be our fav.

WHITE SourDough Crumb

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    Options
    Quick Q . . What % fat for Ground Beef is best for SMASH BURGERs ?????  

I forget what I’ve used in past & I’m at grocery now . . Search got me nowhere so asking it here . . . Tnx !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 70
    Options
    80/20 grind on smash burgers.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    @NDG, now I have to find my cast iron half moon? Thanks for tonights inspiration!!
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • NDG
    Options
    @nealmgb mucho Gracias !!
    Columbus, OH