Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New egg..New table..New egghead

Cooked couple times on new egg..pizza and prime rib...awesome....time to stain and weatherproof cypress table..looking for suggestions
LBGE 
Pike Road,Al

Comments

• 1move1move Posts: 510
    edited April 2016
    Welcome to the forum @Tblack The #1 rule around here is to post up some photos! Congratulations on the egg and prepare your wallet
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • newby84newby84 Posts: 107
    Welcome! 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,007
    Welcome aboard, post photos brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,949
    Welcome and have fun. 
    Let the wallet genocide begin.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bhedges1987bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,129
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,612
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Welcome!  I used Minwax honey stain on mine (a well-weathered table given to me by a friend), and then followed up (at the suggestion of my cousin, who does this stuff for a living) with Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane.  I went with gloss, but I'd probably have used semi-gloss if I had it to do over.  Gloss is fine, but I think it would look nicer with a semi-gloss.

You can follow the project here:

Powder Springs, GA