Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paella! I love this stuff

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
Cooked paella for the family tonight. I absolutely love this stuff.

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me buddy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    @SGH When my wife goes back for seconds I know I did well.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Fine looking cook brother Aggie!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @bgebrent Thanks friend.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited March 2016
    Options
    looks great. Recipe?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Way nice Paella!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    looks great. Recipe?
    My starting point was a combination of Naked Whiz's recipe and Big Green Craig.
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm
    http://www.biggreencraig.com/paella.html
    After you make this a couple of times you won't really need a recipe anymore - you can just use the force.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Beautiful 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I love it too, and I wasn't even there! Another Homerun!!!
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Liking that.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Looks great.   Very nice cook.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Looks great, but too many peas.  None is the appropriate amount.
    NOLA