Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear T-Bone, oh yeah

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
The son came home for spring break so we splurged on some T-bone steak. Seasoned with DP Game On rub (trying something besides S&P). MM was there to cook the asparagus. Made a compound finishing butter with black peppercorns, coarse salt, garlic, and cilantro ground in the molcajete and mixed with the butter. 

My son's plate...

My plate...

Thanks for looking.
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Great looking grub!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Looks great!! I'm sure that food beats the typical spring break fare.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks awesome brother!  I'd eat the friggin bone in that steak.  Nice plate.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @bgebrent lol, my son had a big time gnawing on the bone...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @bgebrent lol, my son had a big time gnawing on the bone...
    Reminds me of our boys!  I understand the enjoyment friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    The smaller one looks more like a porterhouse, great fillet side on that one! Good cook, I'm sure your son loved it!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Hey ... Steaks look great, but what's your opinion on the rub in that application?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SciAggie
    Options
    @Jeepster47 It was good - but - in this case I think S&P with the compound butter would have been just as good. I guess I'm saying I like what the compound butter added to the flavor more than the rub. That's nothing against the rub per se.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    Oh heck yeah. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Will you adopt me? LOL
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I would take your sons plate any time of the day.. =) Awesome looking meal..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....