Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT trying croissants from scratch!

wow. Bakers work hard!  Made puff pastry from scratch, then croissants. But, boy, were they yummy. And wife approved!  Put chocolate in a couple, too. 
Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Wouldn't mind giving those a try- nice work
    Greensboro, NC
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Solid work there 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    Looks great!

Looks tasty!  I haven't made roll dough in a long time.  My have to do some and try them on the egg.  It would be nice to have an egg just for baking, but can't justify the cost with a perfectly good oven in the house.  Have you thought of making other types of rolls like maybe cinnamon rolls with the dough? 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    You go!!!  Laminating/Sheeting whatever you want to call it is no joke. Great job!! (a commercial sheeter makes this MUCH easier, still a lot of work though)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Excellent! They are a PITA, which is why I've only done them once.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    @Ladeback69 I'm really not a bread guy.  Give me another pork chop for dessert!  But I wanted to try croissants since SWMBO made me watch "It's Complicated" and it looked like fun.

@Thatgrimguy you are right!  It was a lot of work.  Ditto @Eggcelsior

But the chocolate really added yumminess!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Looks awesome!!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    @Ladeback69 I'm really not a bread guy.  Give me another pork chop for dessert!  But I wanted to try croissants since SWMBO made me watch "It's Complicated" and it looked like fun.

@Thatgrimguy you are right!  It was a lot of work.  Ditto @Eggcelsior

But the chocolate really added yumminess!
    @Cookbook_Chip, I like a lot of meat,but love carbs a lot,  It is my main downfall.  My mom should me how to make roll dough over 25 years ago and have done it a few times and I can see where it can be complected.   With baking you have to be right on with your measurements or it screws it up.  Too much salt or sugar and it is a wasted batch.  Now I am wanting to make rolls again, if I do i will bring them into the office.  Yours look great and I will have to try the chocolate in some.  It is fun to make, maybe I can get my son to help.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    You know what's amazing?  The number of layers in that dough!  You start with 2 (1 dough, 1 butter), then fold like a letter, into 3. So first fold, now 6 layers.  After 4 times, in the fridge 45 minutes in between, you end up with 162 layers!!!!  And it all squashes down into 1/4" inch.  That's neat.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    That's outstanding.  Now I feel bad that I'm planning on doing a dessert this weekend in Salado using storebought crescent roll dough...

I'll get over it by 10:30 AM that day when I've got a few beers in me...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Yum!!!! 
    For a anther puff pastry method go the Attis mexican table and do a search.  Give it a go,  I be interested in your opinion
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx