Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Butts are Better Than One

Options
bob.bud
bob.bud Posts: 297
Costco two pack of pork is what is cooking today. It's 30 degrees or thereabouts outside, and all is good.

14 lbs of butt:

Egg coming up to temp as the pork is rubbed up (Carolina rub):

The KAB was shook, some Rockwood added, and fire lit (half sheet of paper towel pulled from my jar of oil is the starter method I use) at approximately 0830. Here is a pic, at 0856 with the egg sitting at 250 (water drops are from the snow cap that melted off the dome and cap):

Butts were on the egg by 0900. The wait begins. Two cups of coffee in, is it too early for a drink?

By the way, the egg was a little stiff to open this morning. I was thinking I was going to have to start a fire via the bottom vent to get her open. A quick tug solved the problem.

Plan is to devour one today, and vacuum seal the other to enjoy in the future. Perhaps some will be used for the pulled pork quesadillas I saw posted recently.
Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta

Comments