Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little frustrated....

Options
2»

Comments

• BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    My gasket had a bad spot, but the top was improperly adjusted after a move and I could not maintain less than 300+. It was hard to hold a steady 600 for a steak.After closing the bottom vent totally and putting the ceramic top on all of the lump burned up.
    New gasket and proper adjustment cured the problem. Today eight hours at 250 with less than a 10 degree variation all day without a controller or constant chasing temps.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @Jeepster47

I used to look forward to the challenge of getting the temp to a level with no outside help and after 7 or so unsuccessful tries, i got a guru.   Maybe i am lazy. But i agree with what younsaid re: leakage issues should not be addressed by throwing a bunch of coin at a guru setup.  My guess would be get gasket and dome base alignment set, try to see if temp stays stable.  Air is getting in there some way and it is likely between base and dome

I did get a tip top temp so am looking forward to trying out that analog device....