Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs...First timer

Options
Good day. This will be my first go at these. Is that a good price? I wasn't looking for them but saw a bunch of sale tags and stumbled across them. I assume they'd take 5-7 hours to cook around 250-275 from what Ive read here. Wish me luck!
Large Egg
Atlanta

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,593
    Options
    Good luck.. I am doing some tomorrow.. Yes those temps and time sound about what I do. What I did the last time which I enjoyed was the last 1/2 hour I put into a aluminum pan with a little beef broth, butter and Worcestershire sauce covered and just let them steam a bit.. That price is really good.. Have a great day.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    Great price for sure.  And your plan is solid. Toothpick test for the finish-enjoy the cook and eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    Options
    Great price for ribs that are that meaty.  Enjoy. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Moosebranch
    Options
    Ribs didn't take long. About 2 hours. Grill temp was around 275. Meat probed around 190-205. Faster than I was expecting
    Large Egg
    Atlanta
  • Moosebranch
    Options
    They also didnt draw up much as expected
    Large Egg
    Atlanta