Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fagor Lux multi-cooker

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
edited December 2015 in Off Topic
Anyone have any experience with one of these? 
Have been looking for a slow cooker with a delay start and noticed this multi-cooker. 

http://www.fagoramerica.com/appliances/small_appliances/specialty_cooking/lux_electric_multi_cooker

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We have a similar model.  Digitally controlled pressure cooker.  Works fantastic.   Once up to temp/pressure, there is almost no bleed gas.  Consequently, you don't loose as much of your volatile aromatics. 
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @nolaegghead - have a Fagor PC and it is awesome, as you say very little bleed when you get the temp of the element close - the glass top abomination actually works with the PC. 
    Mine is not digitally controlled. 
    Son and DIL wanted something they could prpare the night before, drop the crock in the cooker when leaving at 8:00AM, delay the start until maybe 10:00AM, let it slow cook until 4:00PM then hold on warm until 5:00Pm. This way the food holds but does not overcook. 

Is your PC a digital Fagor?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Options

Wife bought the Insta-pot. I've been using the hell out of it. Made mushy peas last night cause I made fish and chips. Absolutely great for stocks, stews, chili and pulses

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Options

Wife bought the Insta-pot. I've been using the hell out of it. Made mushy peas last night cause I made fish and chips. Absolutely great for stocks, stews, chili and pulses

Thanks - does yours have a SS bowl? The Fagor has a crock bowl and SS is optional, for searing I'd guess. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think ours is a Cuisinart...it's a pressure cooker, slow cooker.  Has timers.
    Options

Thanks - does yours have a SS bowl? The Fagor has a crock bowl and SS is optional, for searing I'd guess. 
    My Instant Pot comes with SS bowl only.  I got an extra bowl and gasket. One gasket dedicated for food that can stain it or make it smelly, e.g. curry. The extra bowl allows you to cook the next dish without worrying about emptying the first bowl.  Some folks even buy their 'custom' lid for the bowl but lids are much cheaper at Asian supermarket (about $5).

It also has delay start function.
    canuckland