Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need beef tenderloin recipes

Options
Kdp
Kdp Posts: 10
please share beef tenderloin recipes
Asheboro, N.C.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    How do you like it? Smoked? Stuffed? Just roasted? 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I would reverse sear.cook indirect to 118 to 120 remove, tent with foil, remove platesetter, crank Egg up to 500-600 sear all sides until desired color, remove let it rest about 20min before serving 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Ron Burgundy
    Options
    I picked this one up on this forum years ago - forgive me as I don't remember who posted it. I tweaked a couple things and it has become my go-to for beef tenderloin:

1 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup bourbon
    1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
    1 tsp ground white pepper 

Mix first six ingredients together and pour over tenderloin. Marinate for 6-12 hours

Rub tenderloin with the white and black pepper. Sear on all sides at 2 min a side.

Reserve marinade for use later. 

Transfer the seared meat to a v-rack and drip pan and roast indirect on the egg at 275-300 dome temp until it reaches 130° internal.

Heat up the reserved marinade and let it come to a low boil for at least 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and reduce the mixture by about 25%. Top meat with sauce.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I'm kind of disappointed @Ron Burgundy I expected something like three fingers of glenlivet, a little pepper and some cheese, but I have to admit, that sounds like a good marinade.
  • Ron Burgundy
    Options
    Legume said:
    I'm kind of disappointed @Ron Burgundy I expected something like three fingers of glenlivet, a little pepper and some cheese, but I have to admit, that sounds like a good marinade.
    Still can't believe I snagged that handle!  B)