Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Drinks

I know we are supposed to share BGE tips but we need something to wash down all these good eats.  Anyone make anything special for the holiday's to drink?  I am not a fan of egg nog so that one is out.  I did Brandy Alexanders a couple of years ago.  A little strong for those who do not enjoy liquor but I thought it was great for the season.

What are your favorites?

Comments

  • "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike


  • Careful! You're gonna spill it!
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

    My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,471
    Hard not to like Bailey's Irish Cream but that can become expensive. I have a recipe for a knock off of Bailey's which isn't all that bad when your guests are not Bailey snobs nor expect to see you pouring the actual from the bottle. Want it? 
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,548
    Warm apple cider with Goldschlager and a cinnamon stick isn't too shabby. 
  • sloveladslovelad Posts: 1,741
    @DoubleEgger the only good part about goldschlager is... When you throw up... You think you are rich
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,548
    I don't drink like a college kid so that's not a problem @slovelad ; ;)
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,351
    If you like cranberry drinks this one is awesome 

    http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/cape-codder-punch

    -----------------------------------------


    2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,619
    • Lipton tea bags
    • Dixie Crystal Sugar
    • Water
    • Ice
    • Lemon wedge
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,913
    Makers 46 and ice.  I'm no help
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, 2 UDS, Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, BlueStar 60" Range, Bluestar Salamander
  • BwillBwill Posts: 94
    RRP said:
    Hard not to like Bailey's Irish Cream but that can become expensive. I have a recipe for a knock off of Bailey's which isn't all that bad when your guests are not Bailey snobs nor expect to see you pouring the actual from the bottle. Want it? 

    Yes!!!
  • BwillBwill Posts: 94
    Warm apple cider with Goldschlager and a cinnamon stick isn't too shabby. 
    Sounds good but the sight of goldschlager brings back too many bad memories.
  • Alaskan Smoked Porter.
    A dark, robust body and pronounced smoky flavor.  Alaskan Smoked Porter is produced in limited “vintages” each year on November 1.
    Los Angeles, CA
  • 1WVU1WVU Posts: 137
    Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,471
    Bwill said:
    RRP said:
    Hard not to like Bailey's Irish Cream but that can become expensive. I have a recipe for a knock off of Bailey's which isn't all that bad when your guests are not Bailey snobs nor expect to see you pouring the actual from the bottle. Want it? 

    Yes!!!

    Knock off of Bailey’s Irish Creme


    1 pint whipping cream

    1 can Eagle brand condensed milk

    3 raw eggs - yolk and all!

    1 T Hersheys chocolate syrup

    1 T dry instant coffee

    .5 tsp vanilla


    Mix all the ingredients in a blender for NO MORE than 1 minute.


    Add 1 pint of Canadian LTD Whiskey and mix gently by hand.


    Refrigerate…then ENJOY!!!

    PS - I know who I got this recipe from, but no idea where she got it - hence no credit given! RRP - Dunlap, IL


    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • evie1370evie1370 Posts: 491
    Vodka, Cranberry, a little simple syrup and top off with sparkling wine. Easy and sooo good. If you like rum: 4 parts apple cider, one part rum, top off with either ginger beer or hard cider. I prefer the later.

    Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

    "

    "I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • evie1370evie1370 Posts: 491
    Oh, and to the above....that is Captain Jack's for the rum.

    Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

    "

    "I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • tgs2401tgs2401 Posts: 417
    Prosecco or champagne with some pomegranate seeds dropped in. Very festive looking and the women love it.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    ^^^^^^ with raspberries, also a winner.  Mint Juleps for the rest is very festive.  Use good bourbon.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 928
    Santas little helper is my personal favorite but it sells out quick 
    Marina Del Rey CA 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,471
    RRP said:
    Bwill said:
    RRP said:
    Hard not to like Bailey's Irish Cream but that can become expensive. I have a recipe for a knock off of Bailey's which isn't all that bad when your guests are not Bailey snobs nor expect to see you pouring the actual from the bottle. Want it? 

    Yes!!!

    Knock off of Bailey’s Irish Creme


    1 pint whipping cream

    1 can Eagle brand condensed milk

    3 raw eggs - yolk and all!

    1 T Hersheys chocolate syrup

    1 T dry instant coffee

    .5 tsp vanilla


    Mix all the ingredients in a blender for NO MORE than 1 minute.


    Add 1 pint of Canadian LTD Whiskey and mix gently by hand.


    Refrigerate…then ENJOY!!!

    PS - I know who I got this recipe from, but no idea where she got it - hence no credit given! RRP - Dunlap, IL


    BTW...this may be cheaper than the real stuff, but trust me you can really get sh!t faced  with this as it will sneak up on you! Just don't chug-a-lug it! LOL
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.