Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin on Sale @ Costco

Options
bob.bud
bob.bud Posts: 297
$10 off @ the register and I ended up paying $5.80... that is $0.69 per pound. Limit one per customer.

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Nice score, my favourite cut for bacon!
    canuckland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I picked one up today as well. Planning to slice into chops and freeze. I might season some before freezing so they are ready to drop in the SV if I need a quick protein without planning some weeknight.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Nice! Wouldn't mind doing another stuffed pork loin.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    Half of the loin was cut into 12 pork loin chops approx. 3/4 in to an inch thick, and the other 1/2 was rubbed and put on the egg after a brief browning in the skillet.

Skillet shot @ 1255PM:

on the egg with the dome at 250 and the time 1300:

While the egg was doing its thing, I diced and onion and some celery for stuffing, put out a charcuterie board and had a beverage or two...

@1415 the pork loin was reading 145. Faster than anticipated and I certainly wanted to pull if off the egg a little sooner.

1430 the stuffing was done, and here is the pork loin sliced. A little overdone in my book, but my wife and daughter will be happy:

plated with some cranberry left from Thanksgiving and the stuffing I made while the pork loin was cooking:

Roughly a 1.5 hr evolution from the time I started mixing up the rub until food was ready to eat. Egg was warm and idling from the bacon I made in the morning for breakfast.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    DMW said:
    I picked one up today as well. Planning to slice into chops and freeze. I might season some before freezing so they are ready to drop in the SV if I need a quick protein without planning some weeknight.
    And if you slice 1/4" thick, pound to 1/8" after trimming the small amount of fat cap, maybe hit with the Jaccard you have the start of some great schnitzel. You could make 60 schnitzels out of that $6 loin.....awesome buy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!