Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous vide

Options
I've been eyeing the ANOVA sous vide for a LONG time... I know several of you have one, I just want to know how you use it most often, how you use it in conjunction with your egg, and what are some of the most usual things you've made (or seen made) with it. 
Opelika, AL

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I cook chicken in bulk once a week for the week.  I do an egg / SV once every so often no need to fire up the egg I just sear in on the stove top 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • brownbw
    brownbw Posts: 154
    Options
    McStew said:
    I cook chicken in bulk once a week for the week.  I do an egg / SV once every so often no need to fire up the egg I just sear in on the stove top 
    That's an awesome idea! 
    Opelika, AL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    brownbw said:
    McStew said:
    That's an awesome idea! 
    That's what we do as well. Mexican one night, stir fry the next, grilled chicken sammies or to top off a salad for lunch. They are a blank slate right out of the SV so you have good lean protein ready to roll for any dish in minutes
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I purchased a Sansaire earlier this year.  I specifically wanted to tie sous vide cooking into my Big Green Egg.  In fact, my very first cook was a prime ribeye which I first seared on the Egg and then sous vide.  I posted a video of it.  Here's the link:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsuRcRvUn9s  

I've cooked many other items since then, some of which I also posted on YouTube.

My thinking was that sharing my sous vide cooks with Eggheads and others using ceramic grills, we could all learn something.  Plus, I firmly believe that Eggheads constantly seek ways to get the absolute most and best results from their cooks.  To me, combining the Egg and Sous Vide cooking is a progression in that goal.

So far there are only a few ceramic grill cooks that are also Sous Viders who share their experiences.  I hope you will share your cooks.

So far, I'm not fully convinced that the sous vide process is better than the Egg, but I very much like the predictability of the outcome.

If you are hesitating to try it, you really won't know for sure until you have a sous vide device for you to try.  I would urge you to buy one.

Spring "Sold On Sous Vide" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA