Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: another attempt at packaging humor: OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
The USPO has a slogan promoting their flat rate boxes of "If it fits - it ships!" meaning weight isn't the deciding issue but the dimension of what is being sent is the issue. I have to wonder if the Amazon employee who packed this 8 x 8 x 15 box used to work at the post office! 

BTW I have another picture or two from non-Amazon shipments that are equally ridiculously sized. Maybe they are the shipping clerks way of saying "screw you, employer!"
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    I love sticking it to the man as much as the next guy... But..
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I've seen an interesting variation in shipping containers over the last couple years.  Only complaint I have is the bubbled yellow envelopes that Amazon uses to ship CD/DVDs; about a quarter of them I receive are broken.  I religiously send them back hoping for an improvement in the shipping.  
    Maybe someday.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2015
    Ron, I was going to make a crude package joke here. But out of respect for our female readers, I will quietly pass :whistle: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    SGH said:
    Ron, I was going to make a crude package joke here. But out of respect for our female readers, I will quietly pass :whistle: 
    Well played! BTW I too carefully worded this thread!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.