Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

20% off @ Ace.. Joe Jr

Options
piney
piney Posts: 1,478
I have a 20% off coupon for Ace and I'm considering a Joe Jr 499.00 less 20%. I think that will be a nice addition to a large & med.
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    You should do it. I am very impressed with those grills. Especially that size. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    You could haul that back to the point in April and you may get to stay for free. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I'm headed to ACE this morning myself with my 20% coupon as well. Noticed the fine print on the back shows Weber branded products and Yeti are excluded by name. The other hooker is if they have that Joe already marked down then another exclusion will prevent you from getting 20% off. That's called a marketing trick, but good luck! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I have a KJ Jr. and love it! I might buy another one.

Kamado Joe works with Costco to hold roadshows around much of the country. Generally they will setup at a Costco for about a week. The prices are excellent.

In 2015 the price for a KJ Jr. at a Roadshow was $399. Sometimes they will throw in a bag of lump. They also sell lump for about half the normal price.

You can check the Roadshow schedule at this link - http://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

It's late in the year so there aren't many on the list at the moment but if you might be interested  check that page every month or so.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• chrisc133
    Options
    Love my jr. It's a workhorse. I probably fire it up 3-4 times a week
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Loved my joe jr wish I hadn't sold it when I got the MM. 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Funny how things are so different West Coast vs East Coast (and Mid-West) .. here in California, Tri tip is available everywhere - back east, it can be very difficult to impossible to find.

Ace Hardware, here in the WC, I literally can't find one within 500 miles .. M/W and E/coast it seems they are as plentiful as SoCal tri-tip ...

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • TrailRunner
    Options
    Where did you find the 20% off coupon? 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    If you are an ACE member they mailed 2 coupons this last week.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have that combination - large and medium BGE, and I bought my Joe Jr at Ace for $350.  It's a nice little unit, almost as much grill space as the medium.  Much lighter and comes with all kinds of accessories.
    Options
    Joe Jr here too and its a good value for the money.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    piney said:
     I think that will be a nice addition to a large & med.
    Brother the JR is a excellent rig. I bought one the first week that they hit the market. A lot of folks frowned on me for it, but now you are seeing them more and more. You won't be disappointed in the JR. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TrailRunner
    Options
    SGH said:
    piney said:
     I think that will be a nice addition to a large & med.
    Brother the JR is a excellent rig. I bought one the first week that they hit the market. A lot of folks frowned on me for it, but now you are seeing them more and more. You won't be disappointed in the JR. 
    You think Ace carries the RTIC coolers? Maybe I can get 20% off one and make it an even better deal.  
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Funny how things are so different West Coast vs East Coast (and Mid-West) .. here in California, Tri tip is available everywhere - back east, it can be very difficult to impossible to find.

Ace Hardware, here in the WC, I literally can't find one within 500 miles .. M/W and E/coast it seems they are as plentiful as SoCal tri-tip ...

That must be a socal thing,  I can think of 6 ace hardwares off the top of my head that are local. 
  • NCEggSmoker
    Options
    Got the Joe Jr. last christmas when it was on sale.  Excellent little cooker, compliments my Lg BGE perfectly for my family of 5.  I cook sides, appetizers and other stuff on there.  Its great for quick weeknight cooks like burgers or chicken breasts.  
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Why not. I'd do it without hesitation. Hopefully you'll get the Full Monty Discount. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL