Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet and Sour Pork Chops

Options
Phatchris
Phatchris Posts: 1,726
Pork chops agrodolce... Just rubbed with salt , pepper, oregano, and olive oil. Went 375 direct with apple chunks and glazed with balsamic, honey, and butter.. Pulled at 140IT, served over a kale, white bean and tomato stew... One of my favorite quick cooks.

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Phenomenal! Looks and sounds quite tasty. 
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Man that sounds delicious, butter, honey, balsamic, oh yeah
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Looks great, beautiful plating.  How'd you make the stew?
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Supposed to add rosemary to the glaze, I just didn't have any on hand so subbed the oregano in the rub..,

For the stew I sautteed some chopped garlic in olive oil and add some chopped kale till it wilts a bit, then the white beans and a small can of diced Tomatoes, lower heat and simmer for 20 or so.... Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.. Sometimes I'll add some parmigiano reggiano.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I like the Kale stew as a side. Very creative. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Phatchris Simply spectacular brother Phat. Well done my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.