Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Codon Bleu - smothered in bacon and kicked up

Options
Ok, before I get piled on let me preface by saying I am a charcoal purest. So now I've recieved a Kamado Little Kahuna for a gift and cooking for 2. Still a ceramic cooker albeit red not green. So here's my 3rd cook assisted by now 7 month old cook buddy Jake. 
Seen below after stealing masking tape from some paint work on my porch. 

Stuffed chicken breasts Swiss and ham on top. Decided to kick it up with Apple smoked bacon on top of breaded and jerk seasoned rub on all. Egg was used as an adhesion agent for the crumbs and rub. 

All breaded with with crumbs and seasoned with spicy jerk rub from Savory Spice Shop, nestled with bacon and ready for the little smoker.

I added pecan pieces to coal to coal bed fired the smoker to 250 and dropped the on. Notice the "Grill Grate". This thing is awsome for this smaller unit. It does increase surface (grate level) temps well above dome temps. Anyhow, simply said, I'm a fan of these! Makes a streak nicely seared and juicy.

Chicken breasts were were tender, moist and the pecan wood added a very nice mild flavor profile. Added a nice Buffalo Trace over a big ice cube and I was set.  
Not to be forgotten, my boy Jake got his usual dog food which he's very happy with!  Ps, those are the same Rainbows behind him as seen when he was 6 weeks. This lab does not destroy!! Amazing and we do know how lucky we are. 

Life's short on this big rock.... Enjoy while you can!

Comments