Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show me your "stick"

Comments

• I just got in a new shipment of cigars, but have a sinus, coughing thing going on and can't try them out. Thanks for sharing your smokes so i can live vicariously through you!
  • I just got in a new shipment of cigars, but have a sinus, coughing thing going on and can't try them out. Thanks for sharing your smokes so i can live vicariously through you!
    That’s crazy talk. Smoke and spirits will be good for killing those bugs!

• While not lit in picture, I did smoke this cigar!
  • Look at the ash on this one. Nice Drew Estates.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Look at the ash on this one. Nice Drew Estates.

Impressive!
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    It’s been a while.  I’m enjoying this Camacho Triple Madura with a margarita after dinner.  It’s a beautiful night for a smoke.  I hope y’all are doing well.  
  • pgprescott
    It’s been a while.  I’m enjoying this Camacho Triple Madura with a margarita after dinner.  It’s a beautiful night for a smoke.  I hope y’all are doing well.  
    Looks nice. I’m still recovering from the cvoid19. Maybe this weekend I’ll get back on the horse. Enjoy. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    “Stay at Home?” 

....... k ......
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• It’s been a while.  I’m enjoying this Camacho Triple Madura with a margarita after dinner.  It’s a beautiful night for a smoke.  I hope y’all are doing well.  
    Looks nice. I’m still recovering from the cvoid19. Maybe this weekend I’ll get back on the horse. Enjoy. 
    You’re not serious that you had the virus, are you? Either way, sorry to hear you weren’t in top shape. 
  • pgprescott
    You’re not serious that you had the virus, are you? Either way, sorry to hear you weren’t in top shape. 
    Mid February. They never tested me, so who knows, but I had all the symptoms I have heard about including the loss of taste. Resulted in pneumonia which luckily was resolved in about 6 days. The whole experience was about 10 days but the worst of it was only about 4 days. It’s been real difficult mentally to overcome the pneumonia. I am among a very large group of people that suspect that the virus is what they experienced, but unless you are in a high risk group or display severe symptoms, you aren’t going to be tested. At least in our area. The health department controls the administration of the tests. The providers must get approval from the local county health department based upon severity of symptoms and risk level. I thank you for the well wishes. 
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    Pgprescott, i hate to hear that but am glad you’re through it.  
  • pgprescott
    Pgprescott, i hate to hear that but am glad you’re through it.  
    Mine was maybe not as benign as some but in the grand scheme, I am fortunate. Others are much much worse I’m sure. The pneumonia is an unsettling experience to say the least. Fortunately I was able to overcome it in pretty short order. Thanks, all is fine now. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited March 2020
    Glad you are better.  Hopefully you are immune to it now, and won’t have to worry about getting it again.  Smoke one, and have a drink to celebrate that!
    I always look forward to your posts...cool cigars, cocktails, and great background shots!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Sorry to hear you were sick Pgprescott.  I haven't been on the forum for awhile.  My wife had a bad cold back in January and I got a small one about a few weeks after her, but luckily no cough or respiratory issues.  I have had bronchitis about 20 years ago that kept me down for about 2 weeks.  Luckily my life hasn't changed much with all this going on.  I work from home and we mostly would do take out from a restaurant, because our kid doesn't like to go out.  I have been trying to grill more now.  I may have cigar and some bourbon tonight.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pgprescott
    Sorry to hear you were sick Pgprescott.  I haven't been on the forum for awhile.  My wife had a bad cold back in January and I got a small one about a few weeks after her, but luckily no cough or respiratory issues.  I have had bronchitis about 20 years ago that kept me down for about 2 weeks.  Luckily my life hasn't changed much with all this going on.  I work from home and we mostly would do take out from a restaurant, because our kid doesn't like to go out.  I have been trying to grill more now.  I may have cigar and some bourbon tonight.

Thank you for the kind words. Good to hear from you. Tonight is the first cigar I’ve had in nearly a couple months. It’s gorgeous outside and I’m gonna take advantage. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482

Thank you for the kind words. Good to hear from you. Tonight is the first cigar I’ve had in nearly a couple months. It’s gorgeous outside and I’m gonna take advantage. Thanks for the inspiration!
    I had some bourbon, but no cigar.  Had to play soccer goalie for my son.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Smoked a modest Toscano yesterday in sunny, roughly 11 degree Celsius weather. Sadly, no pics. 

You guys know of those smokes? Italian made. I smoked them while there a dozen or so years ago. Really not bad for the price. 
  • Stock photo for completeness....

• pgprescott
    Stock photo for completeness....

I’ve Never come across them. Kinda cool looking. Look like they have a real loose draw? Maybe a nice short burn?
  • While I discovered them in Italy, they are pretty widely available here in Canada. Actually, draw is prefect, flavour good and burn is slow. About $1-2 a stick, which is an incredible bargain. 
  • pgprescott
    While I discovered them in Italy, they are pretty widely available here in Canada. Actually, draw is prefect, flavour good and burn is slow. About $1-2 a stick, which is an incredible bargain. 
    I’ll keep an eye out. 👍🏻
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Got a 20 pack of Rocky Patels for $29.95 from cigars.com last week for a bachelor party that got postponed. Guess I’m stocked up for this quarantine.

heres today’s smoke that’s in the WYDN thread