Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Birthday Meal

tarheelmatt
tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
Went by Harris Teeter and got a nice ribeye for my wife and I to split.  I like getting the larger cuts and reverse sear them and then slice to serve.  

For this task, the medium was called up.  

Menu was reverse seared ribeye, finished in CI pan with butter and grape seed oil, then more butter for basting.  The medium actually does well with the middle size CI pan I have, as it doesn't quite fit in the Egg.  Made basting nice and easy!  

Cheesy potatoes were done the night before by my wife.  Love those things.  They're made with smoked sausage, hash brown potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and cheddar cheese.  

Had a simple arugula salad to go along with it.  Salad had homemade vinaigrette (canola, EVOO, red wine ving., salt, pepper, garlic, shallots, and sugar).  Little parm and bacon and call it done!  

Little off with picture taking.  Nikon has my primary camera, so this is my old backup.  Here goes nothing....

1 - Weighed in at almost 2lbs.  

2 -  After 275° treatment until around 120°.  

3 - Getting a little CI love and butter basting love.... 

4 - Crust was nice!  

5 - Oh my... 

6 - Plated... 

7 - Up close with the meat!  

8 - Wife got me another gift!  

Thanks for taking a look!  

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site