Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what happened to "OT - what flips your lid", sunken?

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,527
edited August 2015 in Off Topic
http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1185767/ot-what-flips-your-lid/#latest

edit: didn't read the entire thread, just the first few posts, then posted this photo (to stay on topic) and wondered why it didn't show up as "latest" ... sorry didn't mean to stir the shat pot  =)

canuckland

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Politics and name calling do it every time. I think politics is a lead balloon. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    While I can't say for certain, I feel Brother Mask blowing Darby Crenshaws hair back played a part in it. Brother Mask blasted Mikee on my cooler thread and the way of the buffalo it went as well. If you can't see this pic, go back to the original post and check it out. Mask let him have it pretty good. Called him a slang name as well.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    The truth will set you sunk.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    yes, that name calling is hurtful stuff.  i still remember that one time in third grade when someone made fun of my name. 

scarred permanently.

compounded with the scathing wit of the perp, it just makes it so much more painful.  words can hurt as much as a fist.

-sniff-

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    Options
    The truth will set you sunk.

It wasn't your comment that sunk it. It was Mask calling Stike a Dike that did it. Here he is blasting Mikee on my thread.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Gary, did you have something to add to the list?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @SGH - as someone else pointed out the Buffalo is doing ok! :grin: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @SGH - as someone else pointed out the Buffalo is doing ok! :grin: 

I hear you buddy ;)

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I practically missed the whole thread, just read the first few posts, then posted the photo of the double-parked car and wondered why my post did not come up as "latest" ... sorry didn't mean to stir the shat pot =)  

To answer your question, yes I did add to it, on topic  ;)
    canuckland
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother of the North, I don't think that there is much to be added. Mask closed the show pretty good. 

Status- Standing by.

• Canugghead
    Options
    darn, I missed a good one
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother of the North, I don't think that there is much to be added. Mask closed the show pretty good. 
    You're probably right. We should get  back to lobster posts.
    Options
    SGH said:
    You're probably right. We should get  back to lobster posts.
    I have been waiting a long time for you to post some more lobsters my friend. That post was awesome brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @TheManBehindTheMask
    This is not my thread so feel free to pick up your conversation. Standing by anxiously and hoping. 

In the words of Mike "To the top"

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Ozzie_Isaac had a great response - so I'll put it here if he doesn't mind.  Absolutely genius!

Phoenix 
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @blasting - big difference though, the lot was empty and it wasn't raining  =)

in hind sight, I could've blocked it single-handedly

The dealer McAlpine Ford is in @TexanOfTheNorth 's neck of the woods, is that your neighbour John? 
    canuckland
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Agreed, but both of them are a word I can't say on a family forum.

If I stumbled upon that second situation, I'd clear my schedule to just sit and watch the reaction.  Priceless.
    Phoenix 
  • SGH
    Options
    yes, that name calling is hurtful stuff.  i still remember that one time in third grade when someone made fun of my name. 

scarred permanently.

compounded with the scathing wit of the perp, it just makes it so much more painful.  words can hurt as much as a fist.

-sniff-

I agree with you on this. The name calling and abusive language is uncalled for. I was subjected to this very thing for quite sometime on this very forum for no other reason than trying to be helpful and nice to people. I never understood it, but in time it subsided and all is well. I hope that you didn't get the impression that I was mocking your name, that certainly wasn't the case. I merely snapped a pic of what I thought killed the thread. My apologies if I offended in any way. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I was deeply offended Scottie.  Deeply Deeply offended.

An RTIC roadie or a SRF brisket will make me feel better.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    Options

Last weekend when you were at that hippys house in NO, if you would have given me a heads up I would have pulled Unit #6 over and cooked a SRF brisket. But no, you failed to invite me ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:

Last weekend when you were at that hippys house in NO, if you would have given me a heads up I would have pulled Unit #6 over and cooked a SRF brisket. But no, you failed to invite me ;)
    Dang!  Defintely will give a heads up next time!!
  • SGH
    Options
    In all seriousness, please do. I can be over there in about a hour. 

Status- Standing by.

• TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    compounded with the scathing wit of the perp, 

you have a mighty big mouth to be such a little runt Dike why don't you back up some of that big talk with actions because you are a sissy in a dress
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    You're on brother.
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    You're on brother.
    Just let me know my friend. Would love to meet you. 

Status- Standing by.