Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat church seasonings

Options
Has anyone here had alot of expierence with these seasonings??? Ive heard they are very good.  What are some good appetizers or main course dishes that youve tried???  I just ordered their lucky 7 package so any input would be great.  Thanks

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Sauces and rubs are all up to individual taste buds. What some like, others may not. I happen to love this line.

Deez Nuts on a smoked chicken is unbelievable. For my ribs, I really like a top layer of Honey Hog and a bottom layer of the Honey Hog Hot. We do a ton of chicken & steak fajitas with the Dia de le Fajita. The new Bacon BBQ is good on anything! Try some ABT's with the Honey Hog or the Bacon rub. 

The Holy Cow is good on anything beef. The Honey Hog, Hot & Deez Nuts are both great on anything pork or chicken. The Season All is great on veggies. 
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Out of all of them, I use Honey Hog the most by far. I use it on everything from pork to chicken and fish. I've probably gone through at least 5lbs of it - just bought another 1lb bag of it. I've even mixed this in to cream cheese for dips and spreads.

The Holy Cow is great for beef - but use sparingly on smaller cuts. I use it a lot on beef ribs (dino bones) and brisket - but I've over seasoned a few steaks with it in the past. I buy this buy the bag now.

I live the Honey Hog Hot, but the wife and kid do not. Only on my second bottle of this.

Deez Nuts is also a favorite for chicken, it's sweeter then the Honey Hog to me - but has a great flavor profile. Have gone through 3 bottles and just killed the forth bottle.

Bacon & the All Purpose are both similar in the fact that you can use them on anything - still working through both original bottles, but both are great all around seasonings.

The Fajita is a bit salty so use sparingly, but it's got great flavor and adds just the right heat for even the wife to handle. It's the most single purpose rub out of all of them in my opinion.

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am glad someone posted this. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the Lucky 7 package, but I am certain I will soon. 

Thanks to the generosity of a member of this forum I received a shaker of Holy Cow. I haven't cooked with it yet, but I tried some on a spoon and WOW. I loved it. If it tastes that good raw I can't wait to try it on steak.  

I appreciate the above comment from @HoustonEgger concerning over seasoning. I sometimes go a little heavy on the seasoning. You know the a little is good so a lot must be great thing. Not necessarily true when it comes to rubs.

If anyone else has anything to add concerning Holy Cow please tell. Me and the OP would appreciate it.  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    @BigGreenCraig what do you mean by a "top" and "bottom" layer?

Do you season one side of the ribs different than the other side, or do you put on a layer of honey hog hot, then a layer of just honey hog?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    @BigGreenCraig what do you mean by a "top" and "bottom" layer?

Do you season one side of the ribs different than the other side, or do you put on a layer of honey hog hot, then a layer of just honey hog?
    The top is referring to the meat side, bottom referring to the bone side. Honey hog on the meat side and the hot on the bone side. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    The top is referring to the meat side, bottom referring to the bone side. Honey hog on the meat side and the hot on the bone side. 
    Thanks!  I never thought to do that.  Learn something new every time I check out the forum.  :triumph: 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • toothologist
    Options
    I know so many people that use Meat Church, myself included, that I thought this was a joke. Seriously, Honey Hog Hot and Deez Nuts are ridiculously good. Holy Cow is my go-to brisket rub, also. 
    "Quality and convenience are rarely seen walking hand in hand."- Alton Brown
    LBGE
    Northwest TN
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Thanks for the input...  It shld arrive on my doorstep tomorrow.  Great suggestions and definetly will try them.
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Meat Church Rubs, no need to repeat what others have said but here are some pictures 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Wow. Looks great. Can you provide us with your secret recipes to the bacon wrapped goodies (I'm assuming the bottom two are bacon wrapped something). =)  Thanks!  
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @midwestsmoker what is that hot dog contraption??? :open_mouth: 

Oh and Meat Church rubs are great! I have only tried the HH, HHH, and Holy Cow, but look forward to trying their others once I start running low on my stock pile I have now.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I am glad someone posted this. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the Lucky 7 package, but I am certain I will soon. 

Thanks to the generosity of a member of this forum I received a shaker of Holy Cow. I haven't cooked with it yet, but I tried some on a spoon and WOW. I loved it. If it tastes that good raw I can't wait to try it on steak.  

I appreciate the above comment from @HoustonEgger concerning over seasoning. I sometimes go a little heavy on the seasoning. You know the a little is good so a lot must be great thing. Not necessarily true when it comes to rubs.

If anyone else has anything to add concerning Holy Cow please tell. Me and the OP would appreciate it.  
    @johnkitchens I received all of the meat church rubs in the exchange this year.  I really like all of them and don't have any complaints.  Use the holy cow sparingly on steaks as it is easy to overpower them with it.  It can be a little spicy to some, but my motto is, the hotter the better.  Pull the trigger and you'll be happy! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

@johnkitchens I received all of the meat church rubs in the exchange this year.  I really like all of them and don't have any complaints.  Use the holy cow sparingly on steaks as it is easy to overpower them with it.  It can be a little spicy to some, but my motto is, the hotter the better.  Pull the trigger and you'll be happy! 
    Thanks! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Wow. Looks great. Can you provide us with your secret recipes to the bacon wrapped goodies (I'm assuming the bottom two are bacon wrapped something). =)  Thanks!  
    I will do a post this evening so I don't high jack this one, it will be called Bacon Donuts. 
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    byrne092 said:

Oh and Meat Church rubs are great! I have only tried the HH, HHH, and Holy Cow, but look forward to trying their others once I start running low on my stock pile I have now.
    It's for sausage or hot dogs, I dont remember who makes it, just a gimmic I guess but I like using holders and baskets when I can
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    byrne092 said:

It's for sausage or hot dogs, I dont remember who makes it, just a gimmic I guess but I like using holders and baskets when I can
    I hear ya. Looks like a pretty cool little tool
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Chauncy
    Chauncy Posts: 47
    Options
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    I'm hooked on holy cow. It's pretty awesome on pork ribs also.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yup, just dialed in the lucky 7.  Looking forward to trying these.  They're on sale (don't know if this is new or routine) but with shipping was $60.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    Just bought Holy Cow, Deez Nuts, and Honey Hog today and Texas Eggfest, excited to try them all out.